Creality Ender speed setting question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
How fast should I print with PETG? I am just using a generic brand and have a large thing I am printing. How fast can I print without effecting it badly? Does anyone have experience? I am using a Ender 3 Max Neo. I have only used PLA up until now.

How fast should I print with PETG? I am just using a generic brand and have a large thing I am printing. How fast can I print without effecting it badly? Does anyone have experience? I am using a Ender 3 Max Neo. I have only used PLA up until now.

"Large" is relative..

What are you printing?
What temperatures?
How much supports are there? If any..

Give us more details to better help you.

"Large" is relative..

What are you printing?
What temperatures?
How much supports are there? If any..

Give us more details to better help you.
It is a drink tray cupholder thing for my mothers wagon. It is medium about half of the printer bed at 20 percent infill. I am printing at 245. There is supports for the handles. The supports are on build plate only though.

Does the max neo come with all metal hotend as stock? I know the sites says it can go up to 260°C but if it doesn't come with all metal hotend, the teflon tube in the hotend is going to deform and possible release toxic fumes from 240 and up. I'm printing PET-G at 225-230 with teflon tube hotend, and at speed around 45-50mm/s. With the new setup i have now, all metal hotend and direct drive, I'll try in the 240-250 area and at 60mm/s. My limitations is probably the large heavy extruder that now sits on my x-axis, that could cause problems at higher speeds.

What speed are you at now?

And do you have a picture of the part your printing? 😁

Does the max neo come with all metal hotend as stock? I know the sites says it can go up to 260°C but if it doesn't come with all metal hotend, the teflon tube in the hotend is going to deform and possible release toxic fumes from 240 and up. I'm printing PET-G at 225-230 with teflon tube hotend, and at speed around 45-50mm/s. With the new setup i have now, all metal hotend and direct drive, I'll try in the 240-250 area and at 60mm/s. My limitations is probably the large heavy extruder that now sits on my x-axis, that could cause problems at higher speeds.

What speed are you at now?

And do you have a picture of the part your printing? 😁
I have the print at 110 and my Ender 3 Max Neo has an all metal hotend. I believe it is the same extruder assembly as the V2.
Photo on 4-29-23 at 10.32 AM.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back