Ender 3s1 pro bed not flat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
I got an ender 3s1 pro (at recommendation of @Tex Koder) last year. The other day the printer stopped printing right. I releveled the bed, but when all 4 corners are leveled, the center is not at all level. I think the bed is warped.
I can post a video if needed.
Is it fixable?
If it can't be fixed, how can I get it replaced? (preferably through warranty)

I got an ender 3s1 pro (at recommendation of @Tex Koder) last year. The other day the printer stopped printing right. I releveled the bed, but when all 4 corners are leveled, the center is not at all level. I think the bed is warped.
Is it fixable?

What's the mesh look like? How far off is it? Throw a straight edge across it and take a pic.. highly doubt creality would do anything for you after a year..

If you all of a sudden have issues I'd suspect the bed got tweaked yanking or digging at a print when the plate was still on the bed...

Several ways to correct it, wedge, tape, pulled apart and flattened out, buy a new bed plate..

Some pics or
video of the situation would help us better diagnose your issue(s)

What's the mesh look like? How far off is it? Throw a straight edge across it and take a pic..

Agree.
Put a straight edge along the surface and shine a light behind it so can see how much it's off..

highly doubt creality would do anything for you after a year..

If you all of a sudden have issues I'd suspect the bed got tweaked yanking or digging at a print when the plate was still on the bed...

Several ways to correct it, wedge, tape, pulled apart and flattened out, buy a new bed plate..

Yeah..
After a year... It would a stretch.

So investing in a PEI spring steel plate would be a good idea.
I have one myself.
Good to have a backup build plate anyways.

And, yes.
If it's just a slight deviation you can use some tape on the bottom to raise it up.

Is it fixable?
I have a glass bed on my Ender3 max. The middle is lower than the corners.
I think it has to do with age and 80%+ of my printing being just in the middle.

Sorry, missed this.. kapton tape is usually best as it can deal with the heat better than anything else..

I tried masking tape, it was a little too thick. I have a few options:
Warp the bed until the masking tape works
Buy a new bed
Try and bend the bed back to flat
Kapton tape
Sanding the masking tape down a little
Which should I do?

I tried masking tape, it was a little too thick. I have a few options:
Warp the bed until the masking tape works
Buy a new bed
Try and bend the bed back to flat
Kapton tape
Sanding the masking tape down a little
Which should I do?
Try a piece of tinfoil

1704638546311.jpeg

The build surface is warped, and if the magnetic sticker won't re-adhere ,then one of those too.

I can get all 4 pieces as a set on amazon, but I would prefer buying it cheaper because I need at most 2 of them.
I am considering trying to warp it back or ask the 3d printer lab at the college what to do.

View attachment 341335

The build surface is warped, and if the magnetic sticker won't re-adhere ,then one of those too.

I can get all 4 pieces as a set on amazon, but I would prefer buying it cheaper because I need at most 2 of them.
I am considering trying to warp it back or ask the 3d printer lab at the college what to do.

So you scraped the magnet off the build surface already?

I need one of these, but made for the 3 S1 pro.

https://www.amazon.com/Ender-V2-Hea...=1704655418&sprefix=ender+3+ho,aps,206&sr=8-3
So you scraped the magnet off the build surface already?
No, I haven't. I have been busy with finals, then away from the dorm since I discovered the problem. I want a solution before next semester. I can buy a new unit, but as a broke college student, I prefer the cheaper option, or a significant upgrade.

Anyone find anything?

Could always try wet sanding the magnet, I have done it in the past.. but the bed I did it on didn't have a heater on it.. so you would need to protect the electronics from the water.. doesn't have to be submerged.. just wet sand paper.. like 600-800 grit..

Could always try wet sanding the magnet, I have done it in the past.. but the bed I did it on didn't have a heater on it.. so you would need to protect the electronics from the water.. doesn't have to be submerged.. just wet sand paper.. like 600-800 grit..
I have heard it is hard to sand it well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back