Kraton CVD's for my Kraton 4sv2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
Is anyone using these RcMadLabz XD series Steel CVD Driveshafts for Arrma Kraton/Outcast 4s v2?

Is anyone using these RcMadLabz XD series Steel CVD Driveshafts for Arrma Kraton/Outcast 4s v2?
I saw those. If madlabs is selling driveshafts I'd assume their worth it.
I just looked at them again.They look well made of good metal. I couldn't see them selling junk.

Last edited:
At that price, I would hope they were not junk. I just don’t wanna be the guinea pig. Looking for someone else that spent the money to say they’re good or bad. I will probably get them anyway and if I do, I’ll be sure to let everyone know if they’re good or bad.

At that price, I would hope they were not junk. I just don’t wanna be the guinea pig. Looking for someone else that spent the money to say they’re good or bad. I will probably get them anyway and if I do, I’ll be sure to let everyone know if they’re good or bad.
Out of all the metal driveshafts out their. These would be my first try.

I think it would be a bit too short for the v2

Where did you get them from? Do you have a link? How much were they? What is the purpose of running the 6s wheel ends.

What you are showing me are stock Kraton 4s v2 axles. I’m looking for better axles than stock.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/cvd-driveshaft-diff-outdrives-and-wheel-axles-2/ARA311149.htmlhttps://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/cvd-axle-8x44.5mm-2/ARAC3981.htmlhttps://www.arrma-rc.com/en/pr
What you are showing me are stock Kraton 4s v2 axles. I’m looking for better axles than stock.
Nope the stock are the crappy all plastic like the Granite stockers.
These were HD axles for the v1 4s line
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...cvd-driveshaft-slider-shafts-2/ARA311148.html
Screenshot_20230727_185859_eBay.jpg

This is what my outcast 4s v1 started with and I replaced with what I showed you.

These are Kraotn 4sv2 stock axles. I go through axles about every 20-25 battery packs.

Looks like they don't sell the shorter length. Just the longer v2. As long as you don't set the clutch to tight you should not break them. The first week I had them I ran on a 35 degree day, clutch to tight and I broke a end trying a back flip off a picnic table landed front end first on the throttle hard. Ever since no breaks and rebuild them the 3 times with the 12$ kit.
These are Kraotn 4sv2 stock axles. I go through axles about every 20-25 battery packs.
I broke one in the same place. Loosen your clutch a little and don't land hard front end first under heavey throttle in the winter like me.
20230727_191910.jpg

Sorry I couldn't help out. This is what the v1 look like on v2 arms.

Last edited:
Found the part

Screenshot_20230727-194759_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is what should have came in the v2 not a crapped version to save pennies... but the people stripping them is because they land on power or have
e a tight clutch... That wasnt a thing on the v1. Had the original plastic axles til this year when i sold the truck. The thing that gave up first was the diffs. Now on v2 the axle acts like a fuze and thats what strips. Again main reason i don't like clutches. People don't know their purpose and how to use it

Good morning, as some of you might have seen in the pic this is a 6s motor and ESC running on 4s. I think for it to last 20-25 packs is good. I am not a fan of the clutch it lasts about as long as the axles. The stock Diffs. have been gone from this truck for long time. I run spiral cut gears.

Good morning, as some of you might have seen in the pic this is a 6s motor and ESC running on 4s. I think for it to last 20-25 packs is good. I am not a fan of the clutch it lasts about as long as the axles. The stock Diffs. have been gone from this truck for long time. I run spiral cut gears.
Do you have that little metal sleeve or the inside part ot the sealed bearing over the back end of the slipper clutch? Only issue. GPM makes a metal slipper clutch plates.

J have run mine for like 10 packs so far so good. Also running 4s on the 2050kv motor on 17t
What is your setup?

What is your setup?
Blx 120 with a 2050kv motor from a kraton 6s. Changed the chassis to a LWB grom the typhon. So i have the kraton v1 lenght with the v2 drivetrain,arms, axles and bulkheads. I also have 6s shocks from the kraton with the original v2 springs

Nice, I bet it rips. Do you think you will ever go to the 150 ESC and try 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back