Typhon DESIGN Flaw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpinRush_C1

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
The rear wheel came off this weekend. I was at the 1/8 track and it just wobbled off.

DESIGN FLAW - Arrma 6S Typhon.
Took the Typhon out to my local 1/8 track. On the practice run ( slow pace ) the rear wheel just came right off. It was wobbling. What the hell just happened? I didn’t jump or hit anything. So I pick it up and I notice one of the rear dogbones is out, but why? Well, when got back to the bench we found the problem.

I’m going to reveal how this happened, but I’ll give you guys a chance to guess first. Who can guess what caused this?

*I received my Typhon 6S in December 2019. I’ve driven it 6 or 7 days at most.

I’ve posted this on Facebook, but I’m going to get to the point here. I inspected the wheels. They have center line scratches. That wheel literally shaved ball joint off. In the front, there’s not rubbing and / or damage at all. It’s just in the rear on both sides.

Now I gotta deal with warranty. Has anybody else seen this issue?
86F4175F-39D9-4615-9EE5-D1C812017F4E.jpeg
4650CA6B-9F65-49EF-90D3-D2DCAF3BB685.jpeg
6D57C8B9-73F6-47E9-9084-6252355AFA18.jpeg
C1B0AB4A-DB5A-4266-9011-D13032481EE6.jpeg

Attachments

• 98A94DA8-AF0C-4C36-9DBF-D5AAC2DB3AA6.jpeg
    98A94DA8-AF0C-4C36-9DBF-D5AAC2DB3AA6.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
The rear wheel came off this weekend. I was at the 1/8 track and it just wobbled off.

DESIGN FLAW - Arrma 6S Typhon.
Took the Typhon out to my local 1/8 track. On the practice run ( slow pace ) the rear wheel just came right off. It was wobbling. What the hell just happened? I didn’t jump or hit anything. So I pick it up and I notice one of the rear dogbones is out, but why? Well, when got back to the bench we found the problem.

I’m going to reveal how this happened, but I’ll give you guys a chance to guess first. Who can guess what caused this?

*I received my Typhon 6S in December 2019. I’ve driven it 6 or 7 days at most.

I’ve posted this on Facebook, but I’m going to get to the point here. I inspected the wheels. They have center line scratches. That wheel literally shaved ball joint off. In the front, there’s not rubbing and / or damage at all. It’s just in the rear on both sides.

Now I gotta deal with warranty. Has anybody else seen this issue?
I haven't got a clue what you are talking about (?)

My bad guys. I thought the pictures had uploaded.
The trucks been out for how long and you've finally discovered the design flaw? ???????
Well, let’s see. I received the car in December. Took it out a couple times, but winter rolled in. I didn’t take the car out in the winter at all. Spring came around then I drove the car a couple times. Now it’s warmer, but the Coronavirus rolled in. So all in all, I’d say I’ve driven the car less than 10 times.

Please see the pictures above.

The first time I noticed some damage in that area, I thought it was maybe a rock.

A good product review comes anywhere between 6 months and a year. It’s May, so let’s say 6 months. January, February and March, were super cold months so it sat on the shelf. April came, I got more active. Yeah, I can confidently say that I have driven this Typhon less than 10 days.

Last edited:
My bad guys. I thought the pictures had uploaded.

Well, let’s see. I received the car in December. Took it out a couple times, but winter rolled in. I didn’t take the car out in the winter at all. Spring came around then I drove the car a couple times. Now it’s warmer, but the Coronavirus rolled in. So all in all, I’d say I’ve driven the car less than 10 times.

Please see the pictures above.

The first time I noticed some damage in that area, I thought it was maybe a rock.

A good product review comes anywhere between 6 months and a year. It’s May, so let’s say 6 months. January, February and March, were super cold months so it sat on the shelf. April came, I got more active. Yeah, I can confidently say that I have driven this Typhon less than 10 days.
A design flaw is noticed by more than one person ???

Does the Typhon use different ends for the rear camber links? Those look like the ends off the front turnbuckles?

This is what the insides of the wheels look like after I cleaned em up just a bit.
21A06AF2-0F8B-4F25-AA62-90CE0DFF1E39.jpeg

Here's my observation based off the pictures given. To me, the screw that goes through the pillow ball and knuckle that holds turnbuckle in place was way overtightened. The crack is from the stress under load or (on power). Its why on most 1/8 scale truggies and buggies (I've seen), the rear tires has static negative toe in the rear. Under high load or accelerating, the negative toe becomes either even ( 0 deg.) to slight positive toe under acceleration.

If you haven't touch the screw meaning overtightened the screw, then its a defective part of the knuckle...
Hopefully someone could chime in what I'm trying to say if this doesn't make sense...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back