Diff main gear part# confusion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Brx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi all,

I needed to replace my Talion front diff main gear as two teeth were missing as a result of wear and tear. Using my manual, I found the correct part number (AR310441) and purchased that part. When it turned up I noticed that the teeth depth on the new part where shorter than the original (2.7mm deep compared to 3.75mm). Hopefully, the attached pictures let you see what I mean. The new part is attached to the new red Arrma metal gear case, and the old part attached to the black plastic original case. The result of this is that when assembled the main diff gear no longer meshes with the main input gear. I even purchased a new main input gear to compare the two, and as you can see, new and old main input gears are identical.

Has anybody had this issue, or indeed, does anyone recognise the replacement diff gear in the picture as actually belonging to a different model? I can't understand why the replacement part has shallower teeth that the original part, yet everything else remains the same, unless Arrma have packed the wrong part against that part number. Thanks

IMG_20220703_192342.jpg
IMG_20220703_192450.jpg

Hi all,

I needed to replace my Talion front diff main gear as two teeth were missing as a result of wear and tear. Using my manual, I found the correct part number (AR310441) and purchased that part. When it turned up I noticed that the teeth depth on the new part where shorter than the original (2.7mm deep compared to 3.75mm). Hopefully, the attached pictures let you see what I mean. The new part is attached to the new red Arrma metal gear case, and the old part attached to the black plastic original case. The result of this is that when assembled the main diff gear no longer meshes with the main input gear. I even purchased a new main input gear to compare the two, and as you can see, new and old main input gears are identical.

Has anybody had this issue, or indeed, does anyone recognise the replacement diff gear in the picture as actually belonging to a different model? I can't understand why the replacement part has shallower teeth that the original part, yet everything else remains the same, unless Arrma have packed the wrong part against that part number. Thanks

View attachment 227503View attachment 227504
AR310441 is for a typhon ( straight cut)

You need this (ARA310497) : https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-spiral-cut-differential-gear-43t-ara310497/p409443

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back