Typhon Diffs oil weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanical 77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi. I plan to rebuild my Typhon 3s transmissions and I want to replace my diff cups, also I found that the factory oil works great for me but I wonder which oil weight Arrma uses in their diffs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi. I plan to rebuild my Typhon 3s transmissions and I want to replace my diff cups, also I found that the factory oil works great for me but I wonder which oil weight Arrma uses in those diffs.

Any help would be appreciated.

10k is stock for 3s diffs. I want to people run 10-20K back/30K upfront. I like about 15k back, 25k front.

10k is stock for 3s diffs. I want to people run 10-20K back/30K upfront. I like about 15k back, 25k front.
I think I will try the same combination like you, to see if I can gain something. Also do I have to fill up 1/2 - 2/3 or 3/4 up to the top..?

I think I will try the same combination like you, to see if I can gain something. Also do I have to fill up 1/2 2/3 or 3/4 up to the top..?

Usually they come around half filled with 10k. So on the front one I would top it off using 50 K and for the back one I would drop it off using 30 K. Giving me the approximate numbers I had mentioned above.I just don’t like to waste perfectly good oil. I do the same thing with shocks. I am neither picky nor experienced enough to know the slight difference.

Just be real careful not to overfill it and do not get any fluid in the screw holes or pinholes. Basically you fill it up to about 1/8 to 1/10 from the top, and again, be super careful about the holes.

Usually they come around half filled with 10k. So on the front one I would top it off using 50 K and for the back one I would drop it off using 30 K. Giving me the approximate numbers I had mentioned above.I just don’t like to waste perfectly good oil. I do the same thing with shocks. I am neither picky nor experienced enough to know the slight difference.

Just be real careful not to overfill it and do not get any fluid in the screw holes or pinholes. Basically you fill it up to about 1/8 to 1/10 from the top, and again, be super careful about the holes.
I will follow your instructions carefully in the hope that everything will work perfectly. Thanks for helping me and for the good advices provides.

Have a nice day..!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back