Notorious Does anyone think too many aluminum upgrades can make my notorious 6s too heavy, maybe overheating problems or anything adverse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shmooze

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Aluminum front and rear chassis braces
All 3 metal differentials
Aluminum swingarm mounts
Front and rear aluminum differential cases
Front aluminum steering stabilizer
Aluminum steering bulkhead
Aluminum wheelie bar

IMG_20220122_161120.jpg

20220102_143905.jpg

IMG_20220122_161748.jpg

It will add mass, increase forces on the car during driving and slow it down. That's what you trade for adding strength and rigidity where plastic is deemed inadequate. To what degree you lose performance and whether you increase or decrease overall durability depends on which specific parts you add and replace. From your list I'd guess you added quite a bit of mass so while you're now probably less likely to break a bulkhead or chassis brace, you're more likely to break things like arms and rod ends. Performance hit might be noticeable if you run on a track, probably not while bashing.

I think it's fine. Just keep the arms all plastic as sacrificial parts. I wouldn't go back to plastic parts.
No way I would go back to plastic, I figure I will stock up on swing arms and pins and hope for the best! I'm not too hard on her but the performance is great all around other than a bit of speed loss. Thanks for the answer and bash on brother!
It will add mass, increase forces on the car during driving and slow it down. That's what you trade for adding strength and rigidity where plastic is deemed inadequate. To what degree you lose performance and whether you increase or decrease overall durability depends on which specific parts you add and replace. From your list I'd guess you added quite a bit of mass so while you're now probably less likely to break a bulkhead or chassis brace, you're more likely to break things like arms and rod ends. Performance hit might be noticeable if you run on a track, probably not while bashing.
Yes, I did loose a bit of speed but I like to 4×4 with it more than bash it up, I love a good bash session but the backwoods trails rock! the extra weight makes it stick to the trail and road pretty good! Thanks for the answer! And bash on brother!

No way I would go back to plastic, I figure I will stock up on swing arms and pins and hope for the best! I'm not too hard on her but the performance is great all around other than a bit of speed loss. Thanks for the answer and bash on brother!

Yes, I did loose a bit of speed but I like to 4×4 with it more than bash it up, I love a good bash session but the backwoods trails rock! the extra weight makes it stick to the trail and road pretty good! Thanks for the answer! And bash on brother!
Yeah, quality pins. Don't forget you can bash steel straight again and it's just about as strong.

Bash on!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back