DX5 Rugged 5-Channel w/ SR 515

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoscato

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction 4x4
I just picked up the Spektrum DX5 Rugged 5-Channel w/ SR515 and I can not plug the jst connectors from the servo or the ESC into the SR 515. My servo and ESC are both Spektrum and worked fine with the SLR300.

Servo: Spektrum S652
ESC: Spektrum 150 Amp Smart

Has anyone had this issue?

What do you mean? Does it physically not fit?
Some connectors have somekind of a notch so it fits just in a certain way? If that is the case just cut it away

Screenshot_20221001_204033.jpg

Looking at a pic of the Rx, it doesn't have reliefs for the tabs that you find on Futaba style connectors (as seen in the image above). You'll either need to slot the ports on the receiver case or snip off the tabs on the servo connector.
1664653549600.png

Your servo and ESC shouldn’t have the tab. The SRx15 receivers are usually a tight fit so you may have to work it a bit to get it to fit. Maybe start at the end and put the ESC in the batt position to help align the servo plug and then move the ESC to the proper position
Good point. Only other thing I could think of is trying to put the connectors in the other way around.

Thanks all, I got it... I have these big bear paws for hands and was trying to be "delicate" with the install. I ended up being a bit more aggressive and got them installed.
I was slow on the draw but yea they can be a hassle to get in.
At least you know it has a solid connection:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back