Limitless ESC calibration at 100% or 120% throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanlow

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
hello all

Have a question on above matter.
1-calibrate ESC at 100% throttle.
2-Change Throttle EPA to 120% (on Noble NB4)

Is there any difference to motor max output?

I have tried researching in other forums, but couldnt really understand the conclusion.

Appreciate if anyone could chime in from experience. Thanks

Throttle 120% is for nitro throttle servo adjustment, not electric. Leave at 100%

Calibrate at 100% and then changing the epa to 120 wouldnt add any more power, just the max power will reach sooner on the throttle range, and some of the throttle range will be "wasted".

What i do is different, set the epa to 120% and THEN calibrate, it theoretically gives you more "steps" between 0-100% range of the throttle, giving you more resolution for the throttle.

Calibrate at 100% and then changing the epa to 120 wouldnt add any more power, just the max power will reach sooner on the throttle range, and some of the throttle range will be "wasted".

What i do is different, set the epa to 120% and THEN calibrate, it theoretically gives you more "steps" between 0-100% range of the throttle, giving you more resolution for the throttle.

Calibrate at 100% and then changing the epa to 120 wouldnt add any more power, just the max power will reach sooner OR LATER?

Sorry, Just need to understand clearly.

Motor timing phase pulses will be off and it’ll stutter and just create heat.

To answer your question, max input will be before full trigger pull which is why TX and esc requires calibration for sync

+1
Exactly how I fly with my NB4. Set to max at 120%. Then calibrate.
For the reason you stated, more steps. Higher resolution.(y)
Depends how you like to drive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back