Fans… asking too much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panth00

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
  2. Vendetta
Hey all,

So I just put RCP fans on my kraton 6s and it made quite a huge difference in the Georgia heat. Which got me thinking about the stock fans all the different cars come with.

At the scale in which Aarma would buy them, it doesn’t seem like it’s too much to ask to put bigger fans on these cars. The stock fans just are not adequate . If you live anywhere hot, in the summer, you’re quickly getting to dangerous levels on the motor. If nothing else I imagine it would cut down on trouble tickets they deal with….thoughts?

Gotta pinch pennies somewhere.

I mean, couldn't I say the same thing about their garbage servos? Their lackluster transmitters? Their cheese metal fasteners? The lack of fluid in the diffs and shocks? The assembly quality comparable to that of a 3 year old? They make stuff for a price point. I'm sure they get those cheap fans for like 3 cents each or something.

But I agree. In most cases, I would just prefer no heatsink and no fans so I could install ones myself. No false sense of security to have the stock ones.

A lot of rigs don't even come with a fan. Seems bonkers to me.

I learned quickly here in Memphis that Arrma rigs would not cut with the stock fans. The Mississippi Delta heat & humidity and Gulf are just an oven.

RCP fans work well if money permits motor & ESC changes can help too with better electronic efficiency for temps.

They don't overheat in cooler climates and yes it's all about the money.
Motor around 190F today, ESC topped at 200F (internal) and that is with 12V high power fans:rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back