Spektrum S2100 fans won't spin on back?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpiffyDiddy

Reaction score
I just got this charger second hand, it charges my batteries great but the fans on the back to cool the unit won't spin. I thought it has to hit a certain temperature for them to activate but they won't go even when the unit it HOT to the touch. Is this faulty or is there a setting I am missing?

You could always try replacing the fan(s). Nothing to lose at this point. They are usually basic PC fans. AMZ has tons of them. Just buy what matches the fan and its volts and size. Not expensive. The charger needs to run cool. Bigger high capacity packs set to high amp rates really make the charger hottest. Need to address that. Can't play around with charging Lipos. No one wants a lipo fire.

You could always try replacing the fan(s). Nothing to lose at this point. They are usually basic PC fans. AMZ has tons of them. Just buy what matches the fan and its volts and size. Not expensive. The charger needs to run cool. Bigger high capacity packs set to high amp rates really make the charger hottest. Need to address that. Can't play around with charging Lipos. No one wants a lipo fire.

Agreed.
Don't play around with Lipos and Chargers , especially if there's something in question about their proper functionality.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back