DIY fans - trying to understand wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
apologies in advance for the long post.

I’ve watched east tactics fan video and shock mitigation videos forwards and backwards. I have an Amazon cart with everything I think I need to wire and install fans on 5 rigs, one being Kraton 8s where I’m going 2x fans on the motor and I want to diy it.

I have everything I think I need except an on/off switch that has a JR on one side and balance plug on the other end. I’m sure I can make this by sacrificing something, but the one I got from a small fan company looks clean and OEM. Does anyone know if this wire exists? I’ve spent hours looking to no avail. This would also avoid the need for me to solder anything since I can just make Jr connectors where needed.

My other question is this Jr plug has two positive and negative wires in there, that powered two fans before they broke. I know the person who sold me this did it, but is that cool to run or should it be done differently? I’m new to wires and the electricity.

IMG_9444.jpeg

IMG_9446.jpeg

apologies in advance for the long post.

I’ve watched east tactics fan video and shock mitigation videos forwards and backwards. I have an Amazon cart with everything I think I need to wire and install fans on 5 rigs, one being Kraton 8s where I’m going 2x fans on the motor and I want to diy it.

I have everything I think I need except an on/off switch that has a JR on one side and balance plug on the other end. I’m sure I can make this by sacrificing something, but the one I got from a small fan company looks clean and OEM. Does anyone know if this wire exists? I’ve spent hours looking to no avail. This would also avoid the need for me to solder anything since I can just make Jr connectors where needed.

My other question is this Jr plug has two positive and negative wires in there, that powered two fans before they broke. I know the person who sold me this did it, but is that cool to run or should it be done differently? I’m new to wires and the electricity.

View attachment 320982

View attachment 320983

Are the fans you're getting already terminated with a certain connector?

If so, you just need a Y-splitter to connect them to the on/off switch , correct?

IMG_20230906_194915570.jpg

IMG_20230906_195010222.jpg

IMG_20230906_195545475.jpg

Just let me know the specs you need..

I can custom solder up something to accommodate.

Last edited:
Are the fans you're getting already terminated with a certain connector?

If so, you just need a Y-splitter to connect them to the on/off switch , correct?

View attachment 320992

View attachment 320993

View attachment 320996

Just let me know the specs you need..

I can custom solder up something to accommodate.
I appreciate the offer. Let’s see if I can work this out first. :)

The fans won’t have connectors on the end, so I’ll make a jr that connects to a Y/split jr for two fan connectors. One from esc, two from fans so I’ll need another tiny split like I pictured and I figured I’d make an identical JR so that one with stacked wires (+ +\- - ) in one JR connector. Then like all of you im sure, runs down to an on/off switch that is JR on one end and connects to balance lead of 3s. Replicating the set up I had, only better.

I can’t find the on/off switch with that configuration, so I’ll end up making it by using another wire as donor.

Is it safe to stack wires like that and have power from 3s moving through all those connection spots? Again, new and trying to do this properly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back