Fireteam FireTeam Optional Pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sswwiiss1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Question, I just got my Fire Team the other day. Can I run the optional Speed pinion for everyday use? or is it just for speed testing?

Question, I just got my Fire Team the other day. Can I run the optional Speed pinion for everyday use? or is it just for speed testing?
Did you read the card included with the pinion? What does it say on it?

It's only for straight-line speed runs on paved surfaces, you will also need to give the motor and ESC a break every few passes.

s-l1600 (8).jpg

Optional high speed gearing for running on hard flat surfaces only. DO NOT use off road or for high load start-stop driving as this will overheat the motor and/or speed controller and cause damage.

You can use it for everyday use but I would highly suggest better fans for the esc and motor.

Thanks Alot!!!! I just asked because some people said that they have no issues with high speed pinion gear. Thanks I will keep stock pinion on.

Some people have heat issues with the stock pinion it is rather odd.

I put a 14t on mine today but I’m far from running it, still lots of work to do yet.

Some people have heat issues with the stock pinion it is rather odd.
I actually made a run last nite maybe 80 degrees ambiant temp.. well got done with run figured hit lvc went to pull body off and remove lipo 6s. 6000 mah.. battery was very hot not normal and motor was hot enuf to fry an egg on it. Has stock heatsink stock motor fan.. and then I noticed my pinion was gone Mia.. ive never modified or removed anything off this car yet.. maybe 5 or 6 runs tbh .. do I want better fans yes.. but to me it was way hotter with stock everything then it should have been..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back