SOLD / FOUND Foldable ramps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea wanted to be able to fit it in the trunk of my car so I kept it at 3 feet

I got all my materials on order for a ramp I will build this winter.
1635714051967.png

2:1 ratio ramp.4ft high 8ft long and 4ft in width. @jondilly1974 do you think it is too big? It can never be too big lol

I got all my materials on order for a ramp I will build this winter.
View attachment 177246
2:1 ratio ramp.4ft high 8ft long and 4ft in width. @jondilly1974 do you think it is too big? It can never be too big lol
I would for sure go 4ft wide. The 8ft deep might be overkill. 4 x 8 face is what I would shoot for and see where that makes the overall length. 45 degree launch and smooth transition from road to ramp. Best guess is 6ft length overall but I wouldn’t try to predetermine that. I would take your material and bend it the way you want it and build the rest to match.

3ft x 4ft is a very good size, even for those that have issues aiming. That is base dimensions, obviously the boards need to be longer lengthwise.
8ft long is way too much and 4ft wide is a bit overkill as well. If this is a permanent setup, feel free but if you want this somewhat portable you will need a trailer and a 3 men crew ;)

I would for sure go 4ft wide. The 8ft deep might be overkill. 4 x 8 face is what I would shoot for and see where that makes the overall length. 45 degree launch and smooth transition from road to ramp. Best guess is 6ft length overall but I wouldn’t try to predetermine that. I would take your material and bend it the way you want it and build the rest to match.
4ft wide is would be so nice as I will have lots of space to launch. Thanks Jon!

Lost the build and design, any idea on weight?

Try it out and see how it holds up. I don't believe you have sufficient thickness in your wood but please prove us all wrong.
I would sink the screws even further, you will rip something on your chassis, speaking from experience.

I have used it many times already with no problems. Did have a shock go out as you can see on the wood of the ramp.

Screenshot_20211101-184049.png

Screenshot_20211101-184814.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back