Free and cheap simple mods.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seal up that 3S power module. Prevent debris from destroying your motor, spur, and bearings.

What you see there is automotive double sticky tape with one side left on (the thin stuff). Have also had good luck with automotive felt tape (high density).

Power module.jpg

To address wheel slop on Arrma 6S models (it probably works on others too, but I only have an Infraction so, modify process as needed) grab some old plastic inserts from stuff that you've bought like below.
1664592610920.jpeg

For 17mm hubs, drill a bunch of 8mm holes in the plastic with a stepped drill (don't use a normal spiral bit, it will just pull the plastic up the shaft as soon as it breaks through and it's a giant PITA).
1664592694895.png

Grab some scissors and cut around the holes you drilled so you have a bunch of 1mm wide rings laying around. Slip these over the axle between hub carrier and hub and insert the cross pin. If it's too tight, take the plastic disk back out and flatten it with a hammer and fit it again (you'll know if it's still a little tight if the bearing in the hub carrier feels a little crunchy). It's a little bit of trial and error, but I've removed all slop in my hubs using this method and it cost nothing but a little time and stuff I had laying around.
1664592871880.jpeg

Seal up that 3S power module. Prevent debris from destroying your motor, spur, and bearings.

What you see there is automotive double sticky tape with one side left on (the thin stuff). Have also had good luck with automotive felt tape (high density).

View attachment 247040
⬆️ This is pretty much a necessity with the 3s line. The soft side of Velcro adhesive tape works well also.

The Velcro works too but I felt like too much was getting by for my liking.
Nothing takes the place of regular servicing is how I always looked at it. Regardless of how much is keep out or let in there’s always the dust generated within, so every 6 to 8 packs I open up and clean. Except on the cars that have M2C mounts and chassis brace on. That keeps some 90% of the crap out.

Another cheap mod, cut pieces of Lexan and shoe goo in strategic locations to the body. We have beat this Senton body to hell.

I do this to most of my bodies now, they last so much longer.

20220930_201526.jpg

20220930_201631.jpg

20220930_201546.jpg

20220930_201706.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back