Front end problems with my Granite 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnipZ

Reaction score
hello, i have a problem with my granite where the front end keeps locking up. i have put a new front diff in and new axels but it keeps locking up. anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

Hmm.... If you've replaced the axles there shouldn't be a rock stuck in it. Trust me, it happens. are you sure you have both axle pins in place? One wheel hex isn't hitting a bearing? Have you put different wheels on and can possibly be hitting something? If not, the only other thing I can think of is bearings. With the axles removed do both wheels spin freely? One or the other bearing on the outer ends of the diff could be bad. Any signs of melting where they sit?

Stupid question.... are your radio's brake settings correct??
Also you maybe need a Brake Force reduction at the ESC? Have you even been into the ESC parameters yet? It's all in the manual there

>>>Otherwise I just don't see enough information here to say this is Drive train related.
I'm confused. You are not quite describing your issue well enough?:unsure:

Hmm.... If you've replaced the axles there shouldn't be a rock stuck in it. Trust me, it happens. are you sure you have both axle pins in place? One wheel hex isn't hitting a bearing? Have you put different wheels on and can possibly be hitting something? If not, the only other thing I can think of is bearings. With the axles removed do both wheels spin freely? One or the other bearing on the outer ends of the diff could be bad. Any signs of melting where they sit?
yes both axel pins are in and there isn’t a hex hitting the bearing we checked all the bearings on the truck and they are fine. there isn't any sign of melting i just moved the bearings from my old diff to the new one. i'm so lost at this point
Stupid question.... are your radio's brake settings correct??
Also you maybe need a Brake Force reduction at the ESC? Have you even been into the ESC parameters yet? It's all in the manual there

>>>Otherwise I just don't see enough information here to say this is Drive train related.
I'm confused. You are not quite describing your issue well enough?:unsure:
the only thing i can say is that it will sometimes drive without the driveshaft. like if i have it in 2wd sorta thing. im getting a new receiver for my truck because the old one was corroded and i seemed to have a lot of programming problems so it may be that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back