Senton Front Rims cut into steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkej

Reaction score
Hi guys
I took my Senton for a first spin last weekend about 40min of bashing. After i got home and start clening i notice that front rims started to do a notch in steering bar (see pictures). Please let me know if its normal or do i have to adjust anything.
Thanks

senton steering1.jpg

senton steering2.jpg

Wow it turns that sharp huh? I'd turn my end points down some to keep it away from there. See if that helps. It looks like in that first photo your lower A arm has the same dent/wear mark in it.

Wow it turns that sharp huh? I'd turn my end points down some to keep it away from there. See if that helps. It looks like in that first photo your lower A arm has the same dent/wear mark in it.

Thanks for the advice but i am new to it so how do i turn my end points down ??

There should be a knob on your transmitter/controler. It sets how far your servo turns your front wheels. You don't want it up all the way, you could burn out your servo cause it's trying to turn the wheels to far.

Thanks for the advice but i am new to it so how do i turn my end points down ??
I don't know too much about the Senton, but your wheels (rims) look very close to your steering turnbuckle and pivot balls, even when your wheels are not turned? Do you have smaller size (diameter) wheels/rims on your Senton, as my Talion and Kraton wheels have way more clearance and not even close to rubbing? If you changed your wheels, another possibility is maybe you now have zero offset wheels, and stock wheels had some offset?

I agree, setting your end points should help. Refer to your manual (page 24), and follow the instructions, as you will have to "enter programming mode" on your transmitter to set end points. Make sure you set end points for both left and right, and keep both sides as even as possible. Setting your end points is recommended, as this can protect your servo and steering components from possible damage.

I have just encountered the same issue after many wild runs without problems. I wonder how I did it and I find here maybe an explanation. My dual rate is perfectly set up (servo/radio amplitude ratio) but indeed the wheel tends to get a little too close to the steering block.

I will post some pictures tonight but on my side I nearly melted (yes melted no joke) the inside rim of both front wheels, as well as the left and right steering bars (same piece as posted here) and finally beheaded some of the left and right front steering block (on top).

I think running in 6S full speed and hitting nice big curves deformed so much the front tire rims that they touched the steering bars and blocks. By touching at this speed (45mph+) the plastic heated and melted.

I guess I will have to trim down the steering and be careful in 6S. Nothing has broke so far but the steering bar has lost a lot of plastic matter ha ha.

So just for information, I bought by anticipation the pieces involved : AR330187 and AR330230.

As for the dboots stock tires, I have some duratrax lockup 1/8 buggy (not the SCT or MT) on the way. I hope the 1/8 scale will fit better. We'll see.

Cheers.

I have just encountered the same issue after many wild runs without problems. I wonder how I did it and I find here maybe an explanation. My dual rate is perfectly set up (servo/radio amplitude ratio) but indeed the wheel tends to get a little too close to the steering block.

I will post some pictures tonight but on my side I nearly melted (yes melted no joke) the inside rim of both front wheels, as well as the left and right steering bars (same piece as posted here) and finally beheaded some of the left and right front steering block (on top).

I think running in 6S full speed and hitting nice big curves deformed so much the front tire rims that they touched the steering bars and blocks. By touching at this speed (45mph+) the plastic heated and melted.

I guess I will have to trim down the steering and be careful in 6S. Nothing has broke so far but the steering bar has lost a lot of plastic matter ha ha.

So just for information, I bought by anticipation the pieces involved : AR330187 and AR330230.

As for the dboots stock tires, I have some duratrax lockup 1/8 buggy (not the SCT or MT) on the way. I hope the 1/8 scale will fit better. We'll see.

Cheers.
Would like to see photos of the worn areas.

Here are some pictures as requested of the front and left sides and the wheel rims with various angles. We can clearly see the rubbing on the steering bars and the blocks and inside the wheel rims. I hope it is just a matter of steering adjustments too and not a deforming problem of the wheel at high speed causing the rubbing problem... At high speed the wheel does baloon but could the rims become "oval" and touch involved parts of the car ?

IMG_20191022_225050.jpg
IMG_20191022_225123.jpg
IMG_20191022_225151.jpg
IMG_20191022_225221.jpg

IMG_20191022_225232.jpg
IMG_20191022_225243.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it is stock wheels. I did not have any issue until this week-end hitting big curves in 6S. Usually in 6S I go straight.
Have you checked to make sure your ackerman plate is not bent? Also, there are two screws in the plate that come loose over time. Check both of these to at least eliminate the obvious.
Arrma steering.png

I'll check that thanks (y)

Here's a picture with the wheel in place. I feel the steering bar will be solved by adjusting my dual rate. As for the block head rub I am still puzzled how the rims could touch. There is space though... :unsure:

IMG_20191023_101350.jpg

I'll check that thanks (y)

Here's a picture with the wheel in place. I feel the steering bar will be solved by adjusting my dual rate. As for the block head rub I am still puzzled how the rims could touch. There is space though... :unsure:

View attachment 51575
Instead of adjusting the dual rate, try adjusting the steering end points. It is very easy and can be found in your manual or online. Wish I could help more. Got me stumped

Instead of adjusting the dual rate, try adjusting the steering end points. It is very easy and can be found in your manual or online. Wish I could help more. Got me stumped
Mr Ackerman is fine. I will do as you say from the manual. Radio end point adjustments (max values) and steering end points adjustments with the plus/minus buttons. Shall I do these adjustments with the dual rate trim to the max ? Makes sense but I ask ;)

Some "indirect news", this guy, here http://pakvim.net/watch/ukgdw9vn_Ps, has the same problem as I have concerning rubbing on the pivot ball suspension. He is talking about it @1:40 on the video and shows his stock tires being rub, though not as much as I did manage to get.

I have received today (funny coincidence) my Duratrax 1/8 lockups buggy tires. They seems a lot better and have definitely more clearance regarding rims and pivot balls. I will post pix of the difference here tonight.

Here is a pix with the brand new duratrax lockup. There is indeed a lot more space between the rim and the pivot ball. But the lockup is a bit taller also. It fits perfectly. The rim is also firmer than the dboot rim when I press it. I guess less deformation will occur.

IMG_20191023_225952.jpg
IMG_20191023_225914.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back