Mojave Front lower control arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainoneil

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Hey guys. Have busted both front lower control arms ( at different times) Splits open and bends hing pin. I have a new set on route and can repair these to get by but my question is,
Would i be better off puting aluminum ones on ?
I was just thinking the weakest point will break
Id rather it be a control arm than a structural piece.
Both times driver error for sure . Anyone know of issues adding stronger ones? Thanks

As you yourself have said, replace with stock materials, so that if it happens again you don’t do damage to something that is more costly. Arms are a necessary sacrifice.

Hinge pins, keep the stock ones. But if you wanted to look at hinge pin retainers/blocks, there are a lot of options out there. I myself have Scorched Parts hinge pin blocks on my Big Rock 6S. Same ones that would be needed for a 6S Mojave.

Hey guys. Have busted both front lower control arms ( at different times) Splits open and bends hing pin. I have a new set on route and can repair these to get by but my question is,
Would i be better off puting aluminum ones on ?
I was just thinking the weakest point will break
Id rather it be a control arm than a structural piece.
Both times driver error for sure . Anyone know of issues adding stronger ones? Thanks

If you like to Bash hard..
OEM arms are that way to go.

No need to spend More Money for bing bing arms just to have them break quicker and cause More expensive damages else where on the chassis.

Please share a picture, Mojave arms are the toughest design Arrma has created. Mine usually fail partially through a section of the lower arm and never a clean break. I’ve separated v1 hinge pin bores but never with the improved v2 plastic, on v2 arms I’ve bent pins and destroyed composite bulkheads before the arm yielded. Ground was frozen on a 30 degree day, 30 minute fix.

1710463277027.jpeg

Last edited:
Please share a picture, Mojave arms are the toughest design Arrma has created. Mine usually fail partially through a section of the lower arm and never a clean break. I’ve separated v1 hinge pin bores but never with the improved v2 plastic, on v2 arms I’ve bent pins and destroyed composite bulkheads before the arm yielded.

What was the outdoor temperature like where he was...
Perhaps that has something to do with it..

Please share a picture, Mojave arms are the toughest design Arrma has created. Mine usually fail partially through a section of the lower arm and never a clean break. I’ve separated v1 hinge pin bores but never with the improved v2 plastic, on v2 arms I’ve bent pins and destroyed composite bulkheads before the arm yielded. Ground was frozen on a 30 degree day, 30 minute fix.

View attachment 354678
Never thought to take pics before
Tears the hinge open. Temp was 6-7 degrees C
Heres pic repaired. Messy job. JB weld. Same both sides. Seems to hold up ok. 3 sets on order

IMG_1201.jpeg

IMG_1199.jpeg

IMG_1202.jpeg

Next time fill the entire hinge pin hole so you get complete shear adhesion on the inside and after it fully cures just drill/ream the hole back out. That will last one bad landing so make it count until the new ones come. (y)

It was split wide open. Theres lots of adhesion inside. Had to ream hole out.
Thanks for the replys and advice!!

Back