Kraton Getting a new kraton 6s v5 need tips on diff oils!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Am12eaz

Reaction score
So after owning a vorteks for around 3 weeks I decided to get a kraton 6s which is due to arrive this week ....

I am a general speed basher and love to thrash it around short to medium grass (u.k grass that is) and sometimes tarmac and dusty tarmac!!

I was wanting to dial in the diff oils so I have decent agility and speed but not to wheelie as much as these things do out the box!! I want the diffs to really complement handling and medium to high speeds on the above types of terrain!!

Cheers in advance!!!

So after owning a vorteks for around 3 weeks I decided to get a kraton 6s which is due to arrive this week ....

I am a general speed basher and love to thrash it around short to medium grass (u.k grass that is) and sometimes tarmac and dusty tarmac!!

I was wanting to dial in the diff oils so I have decent agility and speed but not to wheelie as much as these things do out the box!! I want the diffs to really complement handling and medium to high speeds on the above types of terrain!!

Cheers in advance!!!
If that is the case topping off on stock diff oil weights might be for you.

Most of us up the weights. I prefer a good wheelie for at least the first quarter mile 😀

If that is the case topping off on stock diff oil weights might be for you.

Most of us up the weights. I prefer a good wheelie for at least the first quarter mile 😀
So upping the weights makes the front lift more?? Must be a workaround to keep the front down a little more ...I think I may check it out the box first for myself and get a true feel for it before I change anything

So upping the weights makes the front lift more?? Must be a workaround to keep the front down a little more ...I think I may check it out the box first for myself and get a true feel for it before I change anything
Yes the higher weights are thicker and prevent the center diff from slipping as much. More slip, less wheelie, more center diff action. Front tires will balloon more.

I would do some exploration of the forum as well there are tons of threads on 6s fluid weights and the effects on RC's. Ground traction makes a difference too.

Also, before you get too crazy be aware some RC diff's are not filled all the way from the factory, this will change the drive feel and be harder on your diff's.

Last edited:
Yes the higher weights are thicker and prevent the center diff from slipping as much. More slip, less wheelie, more center diff action. Front tires will balloon more.

I would do some exploration of the forum as well there are tons of threads on 6s fluid weights and the effects on RC's. Ground traction makes a difference too.

Also, before you get too crazy be aware some RC diff's are not filled all the way from the factory, this will change the drive feel and be harder on your diff's.
I understand . Stupidly I was probably going off what the vorteks does out of the box but given the 6s is heavier and bigger it most likely will be acting way different.

The other reason I wanted to do the oils initially is probably down to my pre first run checks and do them in one go...shims, grease, and oils all in one go. Ordered a bumper, wheelie bar and skid plate and also the cnc aluminium 7075 exb chassis ...I actually thought that was a protective shell which looked cool but after a quick search realised its the base chassis lol I only paid like £40 delivered so I kind of got a bargain considering how much they are worth!!! No harm in having spares right !!

I understand . Stupidly I was probably going off what the vorteks does out of the box but given the 6s is heavier and bigger it most likely will be acting way different.

The other reason I wanted to do the oils initially is probably down to my pre first run checks and do them in one go...shims, grease, and oils all in one go. Ordered a bumper, wheelie bar and skid plate and also the cnc aluminium 7075 exb chassis ...I actually thought that was a protective shell which looked cool but after a quick search realised its the base chassis lol I only paid like £40 delivered so I kind of got a bargain considering how much they are worth!!! No harm in having spares right !!
Nice! Yea totally different beast with a real center diff. I bet you will have a ton of fun with it.

What chassis did you get?

Nice! Yea totally different beast with a real center diff. I bet you will have a ton of fun with it.

What chassis did you get?
ARA320570 this one ...as I said I actually thought it was a bolt on plate.....its not a m2c but then again I probably won't even use it unless for cosmetic looks which il probably only see when it's upside down ...even that would be rare as I don't really fly it ..here in the UK I don't have a skatepark or wide hilly areas to bash in so it's mainly fields and tarmac....

If you want a recommendation here it is.
Diffs 50/500/30, Black/heavy Arrma spring set, go up 10wt in shock oil weight, and run the heaviest sway bars you can find. Some lower profile wheels would tighten up your handling. Stay away from 4s Backflips, they shred on speed runs.

It won't do wheelies but it will do some nice 4 wheel light ups and it will have a mid-motor race feel to its handling. It will be bouncy on rough terrain. Everything is a trade.

I just want to add, run some battery packs through the truck before you change anything. After a couple of drives you'll have a better idea of what you're looking for.

I would try it out stock first. Heavier front or rear oil will make it hard to turn in high traction situations like grass and tarmac. Heavier center will give more wheelies and less ballooning also more air control.

I wouldn't want the steering to be as sharp as what the vorteks is ...I understand that a lot of other factors play a part, wheelbase, tyres, servos etc I guess stock seems a good starting point ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back