Big Rock Gpm cvd drive axles install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrizzle69

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Nero
How do I open the ring that looks like a key ring that slides over the cup that gets attached to the diff axle and coves the pin that holds the yoke to the rear cup? Thanks

Is it this one?
16302718659983588713362898310980.jpg

If so, throw it away. Here's my review that could have saved you money:

Post in thread 'Well !! That escalated Quickly!' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/well-that-escalated-quickly.34090/post-603937

Is it this one?
View attachment 334565

Post in thread 'Well !! That escalated Quickly!' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/well-that-escalated-quickly.34090/post-603937
I'm not sure bud. It's hard to really tell but if this helps any I noticed some gpm axles are held on only with a set screw and some are attached to diff axles with set screw and a pan head screw through the inside center of the cup also and these are the ones I have
Is it this one?
View attachment 334565

By the looks of your truck mine is not set up like yours at all. U got alot of stock plastic going on there. The only thing stock on mine is the motor. The rpm a-arms I've got on mine push the wheels out enough that I can't really buy any parts that are made for a 3s Big Rock V3. The gpm axles I've got are for a Typhoon 4s or 6s. I can't remember exactly which one but the center peice is longer. The drive shafts I've bought that are for my truck are to short now. Both ends that slide in the slide center peice are barely in .
Is it this one?
View attachment 334565

I'm not sure bud. It's hard to really tell but if this helps any I noticed some gpm axles are held on only with a set screw and some are attached to diff axles with set screw and a pan head screw through the inside center of the cup also and these are the ones I have

By the looks of your truck mine is not set up like yours at all. U got alot of stock plastic going on there. The only thing stock on mine is the motor. The rpm a-arms I've got on mine push the wheels out enough that I can't really buy any parts that are made for a 3s Big Rock V3. The gpm axles I've got are for a Typhoon 4s or 6s. I can't remember exactly which one but the center peice is longer. The drive shafts I've bought that are for my truck are to short now. Both ends that slide in the slide center peice are barely in .
This is what I'm workin with!!! 😎💪🤑

Attachments

• 20231112_210824~4.jpg
    20231112_210824~4.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
No pan heads, just a set screw attached to the splined output shaft.. Hopefully yours are better balanced than mine were. Only thing worse you could have tried is the Hot Racing version. If you do end up replacing them, get the HD Arrma cvds. Honestly, I'm almost 2 years hard running with mine. They even survived a phase where I dropped in a BLX185/TP 4050 1900kv and ran 6s. More expensive than either HR or GPM cvds but worth it.

No as for that ring, pretend the shaft is a key and the ring is a keyring. Slip one endtowards the end (see pic)
20231129_013436.jpg

20231129_013423.jpg

20231129_013359.jpg

Yeah. I still have them. Just don't use them
Once one end is off or on, you just "thread" it the rest of the way.

No pan heads, just a set screw attached to the splined output shaft.. Hopefully yours are better balanced than mine were. Only thing worse you could have tried is the Hot Racing version. If you do end up replacing them, get the HD Arrma cvds. Honestly, I'm almost 2 years hard running with mine. They even survived a phase where I dropped in a BLX185/TP 4050 1900kv and ran 6s. More expensive than either HR or GPM cvds but worth it.

No as for that ring, pretend the shaft is a key and the ring is a keyring. Slip one endtowards the end (see pic)
View attachment 334570
View attachment 334569
View attachment 334568

Yeah. I still have them. Just don't use them
Ok I got ya. U just spin it around like if u were putting a key on it. Thanks bud and I will keep your advice in mind if these don't work. I'll let u how they hold up bud and just send it!!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back