Granite Granite 3s Blx motor cooling fan.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaGranite

Reaction score
Is the motor cooling fan on the Blx brushless supposed to start running as soon as you cut the truck on or does it start running automatically when the motor gets warm enough to cut the fan on?

The one on the esc starts running as soon as you turn the truck on but the one on the heat sink on top of the motor doesn’t. Is it supposed to run all the time the same as the esc fan?

The one on the esc starts running as soon as you turn the truck on but the one on the heat sink on top of the motor doesn’t. Is it supposed to run all the time the same as the esc fan?
Yes both should power on when you turn on the esc. Did the fan ever work or was it DOA?

First thing to check is the plug by the motor wires. Is that plugged in? If that is plugged in next up would be to check that it is properly plugged into the receiver. You will need to open the receiver box. Ensure that the other end of the fan plug is plugged in to either channel 3 or the bind/batt slot. Now this is important the black wire must be to the outside of the esc. If the fan still doesn't work, try plugging it directly into the receiver to eliminate the extension as the culprit.

Last edited:
I could see that stock fan crapping out also.

If thats the case I recommend ditching the heat sink and go for a powerhobbies fan mount with a 30x30 or 35x35 surpass hobby rocket fan (really any of the aluminum high speed fans are about the same thing) About a $30 total investment but worth it. I simply cannot get my motor hot with it.

20230713_233048.jpg

I could see that stock fan crapping out also.

If thats the case I recommend ditching the heat sink and go for a powerhobbies fan mount with a 30x30 or 35x35 surpass hobby rocket fan (really any of the aluminum high speed fans are about the same thing) About a $30 total investment but worth it. I simply cannot get my motor hot with it.

View attachment 330732

I've been really liking this style of fan mount. On the bigger rigs I find it better to have 1 fan with 2 supports than 2 fans on 1 support. The blades seemed to break a lot with the 2 fan 1 support method. No issues running 1 support on the smaller stuff though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back