Granite 4x4 Mega 550

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlwarren08

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need help with a diagnosis. I have a new Granite 4x4 Mega 550... Brushed 12T, Mega SCT ESC (I think), Spectrum SLR300. I purchased this truck for my son and I. We have ran maybe 3 batteries though it. After charging the battery I hook it up and turn on the truck. The ESC beeps with a red light. It will turn the wheels but nothing else. When the throttle is used the ESC will blink but nothing happens. When the motor bullet connector is touched to the battery it will spin over but not will not when using the remote. I went ahead and ordered a new motor, but if it isn't a motor issue what other ways can I test parts? It was purchased assembled from Horizon Hobbies.

Thanks

They have a Mega, not a BLX.

Make sure your throttle trim is centered. Are you using NiMH or LiPo batteries?
The trims are centered NiMH with the correct jumper placement. The video I watched on YT only recalibrated the servo(steering) and said that the ESC was automatically recalibrated. Im pretty sure in the video he was using the same parts that I have I'll have to double check

This is the only thread I could find on the mega.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/flashing-red-light-no-steering-or-throttle-response.22150/
Also make sure you have the ESC in NiMh mode
1641094233301.png

Last edited:
How many times does the light flash and beep?
You touched the leads to the battery lol!?🤯
It's a brushed motor. You apply DC current to it and it will spin. Why wouldn't that be a valid troubleshooting step to confirm that the motor is not blown?

When I turn the ESC on and my remote is off it has a consist flash that doesn't stop UNTIL I turn my remote on. Once the remote is on the it will do one or two flashes and then stop flashing. When I use the steering it has no LED light. Full throttle it will give a "rapid" flash until I release the throttle. The brake gives a solid LED and will remain on until released. The Receiver has a solid LED at the Bind hole.
If I turn the ESC on with my remote on then the ESC will give 2 flashes and nothing else UNLESS I pull the throttle which then emits the rapid flashing.

My jumpers are placed correctly and I calibrated the steering, but don't have the option to do the throttle with the parts used.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back