Granite Granite shock/A arm screw not going in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcRookie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
So new member here. Just ran my granite blx and went through a little sand and wanted to clean it. Took off the a arm screw that goes on the bottom of the shock and into the A arm. One isnt sitting completely in but is secure. The other complete stops securely and doesn't keep turning. I have posted a picture as well. doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm thinking that it's just trying to screw into plastic and doesn't want to go in further.

Attachments

• 20191208_120114.jpg
    20191208_120114.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 67
Honestly the one you think is screwed in correctly is probably screwed in too tight. There’s a pivot ball at the bottom of each shock that spaces it a bit off the A-arm. It’s important to leave that slack for proper suspension function.

You should only go finger tight on anything you’re screwing into plastic. I’ve stripped my receiver box screws cranking down. You have either crushed the pivot ball or stripped the thread in the A-arm.

At this point if I were you I’d screw in until the pivot ball is tight against the A-arm and stop. See if you can back out the front right one a bit so the pivot ball isn’t smashed against the arm.

Honestly the one you think is screwed in correctly is probably screwed in too tight. There’s a pivot ball at the bottom of each shock that spaces it a bit off the A-arm. It’s important to leave that slack for proper suspension function.

You should only go finger tight on anything you’re screwing into plastic. I’ve stripped my receiver box screws cranking down. You have either crushed the pivot ball or stripped the thread in the A-arm.

At this point if I were you I’d screw in until the pivot ball is tight against the A-arm and stop. See if you can back out the front right one a bit so the pivot ball isn’t smashed against the arm.
Thanks , I backed the other one out some so the srew heads are equal I wiggled the shock and it has better movement now. They both move freely. Thanks for the help!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back