Granite Granite suddenly slows down and stops fully and throttle doesn't work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cargovroom

Reaction score
I just bought a new arma granite and im still new to rc cars. The problem is that i charged my lipo 3s to 12.60v which was the max and i took the car for a run on almost max speed but after no more than 10 min the car stopped and i checked the esc and it was blinking red. There was no throttle. I turned the switch off and back on and the rc car was running fast again but suddenly slowed down and stopped. I thought the battery was dead so i took it home and charged it on lipo balance mode and it said it was currently on 10v. I don't know if 10v is the minimum voltage for a 3s to die at. I thought it would go down to 5v or something but it didnt so please help me. Im not rlly sure what to do :(

I just bought a new arma granite and im still new to rc cars. The problem is that i charged my lipo 3s to 12.60v which was the max and i took the car for a run on almost max speed but after no more than 10 min the car stopped and i checked the esc and it was blinking red. There was no throttle. I turned the switch off and back on and the rc car was running fast again but suddenly slowed down and stopped. I thought the battery was dead so i took it home and charged it on lipo balance mode and it said it was currently on 10v. I don't know if 10v is the minimum voltage for a 3s to die at. I thought it would go down to 5v or something but it didnt so please help me. Im not rlly sure what to do :(
It sounds like it hit LVC (low voltage cutoff). Brushless ESC's are designed to shut off once the battery hits LVC. Now, where it hits LVC at is entirely dependant on the ESC settings, but, most are designed to cut out at between 3.4 and 3.7V per cell, so, for a 3S, LVC would be roughly 10 volts. If the battery is ran too far below LVC, it can damage or even destroy it.

Yes, as @biggman100 said, it’s LVC. If your LiPo had hit 5v it would in all likelihood be irreparably damaged, or even self combust.
You should really research LiPo battery safety and get a full grasp of the dangers associated with them. It’s not rocket science, but there are definitely a few “do’s and don’ts“ to understand to keep yourself safe.
Ask any questions you may have, you’ve come to the right place. Welcome to the hobby, and welcome to the forum!
Here is a lot of very useful information.
If you're new to the RC hobby, we have several very active threads here on ArrmaForum that could be especially of some help for you to making your start into the hobby much more enjoyable.
Even if you're not new, we would still love to hear your feedback on the tools and electronics you are using in the above threads!

Quick Forum Tips

If you do the social media thing, be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Premium Membership

Last edited:
Oh btw, like they state in the manual, when LVC kicks in you better stop running, or you permanently damage your expensive lipo. You have probably done that now, and you will see less performance.
Don't simply ignore the warnings and make it go away, read the manual, it has all those warning explained. It will save you a bunch of money.

Oh btw, like they state in the manual, when LVC kicks in you better stop running, or you permanently damage your expensive lipo. You have probably done that now, and you will see less performance.
Don't simply ignore the warnings and make it go away, read the manual, it has all those warning explained. It will save you a bunch of money.
Not to get off topic or hijack OP's thread but you made me think of a question. When people say to stop at LVC do they mean that second, walk to your rig and shut it off/unplug? Or can you slowly drive it back to you and then shut off/unplug? I mean clearly if I'm close I just walk to it anyhow.

Not to get off topic or hijack OP's thread but you made me think of a question. When people say to stop at LVC do they mean that second, walk to your rig and shut it off/unplug? Or can you slowly drive it back to you and then shut off/unplug? I mean clearly if I'm close I just walk to it anyhow.
You can drive it back as long as it isn‘t mired in mud, long grass, etc., or isn’t 100 yards away. Just don’t try to get more run time out of it. If you have a heat gun, check your LiPo. After LVC every maneuver generates a lot more heat.

You can drive it back as long as it isn‘t mired in mud, long grass, etc., or isn’t 100 yards away. Just don’t try to get more run time out of it. If you have a heat gun, check your LiPo. After LVC every maneuver generates a lot more heat.
Thanks this was very helpful

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back