Infraction Infraction 3s no throttle and some steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taugys

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, so I was working on my infraction trying to install led lights with brakes and all that, after a while my throttle stopped working, the ESC is blinking red, it’s a hobbywing quicrun 10bl60, my steering also seems to have start having issues too when I turn left it barley wants to turn, anyone know what could be wrong? Can it be my receiver and transmitter? Or do I need a new servo and ESC? I tried re calibrating my ESC but it doesn’t wanna work it gets half way through then stops beeping for the final calibration.

The photos are of me turning the wheel right then left.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello, so I was working on my infraction trying to install led lights with brakes and all that, after a while my throttle stopped working, the ESC is blinking red, it’s a hobbywing quicrun 10bl60, my steering also seems to have start having issues too when I turn left it barley wants to turn, anyone know what could be wrong? Can it be my receiver and transmitter? Or do I need a new servo and ESC? I tried re calibrating my ESC but it doesn’t wanna work it gets half way through then stops beeping for the final calibration.

View attachment 344929

View attachment 344930

So, did you double check to make sure the LED lights and its circuit(s) aren't shorting out?

Show us some pics of those lights..

This is the lights and they don't work anymore after this issue too, tried them on my other car and they didn’t power on at all, could that have messed with all my electronics?

image.jpg

This is the lights and they don't work anymore after this issue too, tried them on my other car and they didn’t power on at all, could that have messed with all my electronics?

View attachment 344937

That's quite a bit of wires..

Yea it’s a lot lol, do you think the lights could have caused the issue?

No.

I'm thinking that tiny circuit box may have something to do with the ill effects more than the LEDs themselves..

Maybe water/moisture got to it (it that box "waterproof")?
OR it could have had a bad soldering?
Either one could have caused an internal short..

Hard to say for sure , without having the item in front of me.

But, that's my guess.

No.

I'm thinking that tiny circuit box may have something to do with the ill effects more than the LEDs themselves..

Maybe water/moisture got to it (it that box "waterproof")?
OR it could have had a bad soldering?
Either one could have caused an internal short..

Hard to say for sure , without having the item in front of me.

But, that's my guess.
The weird part is it’s brand new, I never ran the car with it installed just turned it on to check if the lights worked, was working for a bit and I was trying to figure out why the brake lights only turned on at certain times, then after an hour or so messing with it my ESC just blinks red and I have no throttle at all and the steering seems to have messed up to, do you think I would maybe need a new RX/TX?
The weird part is it’s brand new, I never ran the car with it installed just turned it on to check if the lights worked, was working for a bit and I was trying to figure out why the brake lights only turned on at certain times, then after an hour or so messing with it my ESC just blinks red and I have no throttle at all and the steering seems to have messed up to, do you think I would maybe need a new RX/TX?
I’m just annoyed because I’ve done a lot of stuff to it recently, all cosmetic and new ESC and now the weather by me is finally cleared up all the snow melted and I can drive it and it decides to not work 😔

I’m just annoyed because I’ve done a lot of stuff to it recently, all cosmetic and new ESC and now the weather by me is finally cleared up all the snow melted and I can drive it and it decides to not work 😔

Again.
Without having the device in front of me ,hard to say for sure.

I can only guess ,at the cause...

I can imagine your frustration and annoyance. It's a bummer.

Needing a new transmitter is highly unlikely. Unless it was dropped.. Was it?

Needing a new receiver is likely, at this point.

>> You can sort of test and isolate if it is the receiver by hooking up another servo (just temporary. Without completely mounting it into the chassis) and see if this other servo response/reacts.

Hook that servo up & test in the Steering Port of the RX ,then in the Throttle Port and see if it reacts for when you apply throttle.
That should give you some indication.

Again.
Without having the device in front of me ,hard to say for sure.

I can only guess ,at the cause...

I can imagine your frustration and annoyance. It's a bummer.

Needing a new transmitter is highly unlikely. Unless it was dropped.. Was it?

Needing a new receiver is likely, at this point.

>> You can sort of test and isolate if it is the receiver by hooking up another servo (just temporary. Without completely mounting it into the chassis) and see if this other servo response/reacts.

Hook that servo up & test in the Steering Port of the RX ,then in the Throttle Port and see if it reacts for when you apply throttle.
That should give you some indication.
Gotcha I’ll try that, thank you!

View attachment 344929

View attachment 344930
Check the contacts of the wires that go from the speed control to your motor. I had problems with my vendetta with the spectrum ESC and I clean the contacts and everything worked fine. Did you hit anything with the front wheels. Your servo horn may have been shifted on the spline. Try taking the servo horn off and centering the trim setting on your radio. Then put the silver horn back on with the Wheels centered. Double check the spline on your servo to make sure none of the teeth are damaged.

Check the contacts of the wires that go from the speed control to your motor. I had problems with my vendetta with the spectrum ESC and I clean the contacts and everything worked fine. Did you hit anything with the front wheels. Your servo horn may have been shifted on the spline. Try taking the servo horn off and centering the trim setting on your radio. Then put the silver horn back on with the Wheels centered. Double check the spline on your servo to make sure none of the teeth are damaged.
So I actually never even drove the car yet haha, after doing some tests it turns out the lights shorted my receiver, when I plug in my ESC and servo into my other cars receiver everything works fine

Yeah start all over again, removing that whole LED setup completely. It is possible that the Light setup caused this
Maybe that 1060 ESC cant produce enough BEC amps for that high amp Lighting controller.
And likely contributed to the ESC's demise.:unsure:
An overloaded BEC circuit can fry an ESC. Even taking out the Servo and/or Receiver in the process.
The above, assuming you didn't make any other wiring errors, when installing the LED light set.
Nice rig BTW.
:cool:

Yeah start all over again, removing that whole LED setup completely. It is possible that the Light setup caused this
Maybe that 1060 ESC cant produce enough BEC amps for that high amp Lighting controller.
And likely contributed to the ESC's demise.:unsure:
An overloaded BEC circuit can fry an ESC. Even taking out the Servo and/or Receiver in the process.
The above, assuming you didn't make any other wiring errors, when installing the LED light set.
It turns out it fried my receiver, I plugged my ESC and servo into another receiver and car and it all worked just fine but plugging it into my current receiver it doesn’t work

Yeah sounds like a user wiring error TBH. Rx's cant be reversed polarity without damage. Fried in a split second. And some Rx's cant even handle high amp loads.

Yeah sounds like a user wiring error TBH. Rx's cant be reversed polarity without damage. Fried in a split second. And some Rx's cant even handle high amp loads.
I’m convinced it’s the lights, the instructions were simple and I plugged it in like it said to and then the issue happened, it’s what I get for cheaping out on them

You can always test the light set and controller off of a 5v-7v battery isolated from the rig. To see if they work Ok by themselves. Exactly how many LED in all??? The amps can add up quick and the Controller also requires a bit of Amp over head.
What are BEC amp/volt specs of your 1060 ESC?
You might have a mismatch there. IDK.

I’m convinced it’s the lights, the instructions were simple and I plugged it in like it said to and then the issue happened, it’s what I get for cheaping out on them

Best to test that light setup off rig.
Just use a 9v battery.

Back