Greetings, need some assistance regarding 3s line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMoKeN

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hello all I recently bought a speed tip set of mip i absolutely love them. Well when trying to take the driveshaft arms off to get into the differential found out the mip bits are too short. I've been trying to research on a set of hand drivers the two I have my eye on are the vanquish set (have read the are as snug an well built as mip) and the protek trutorque sl drivers. Does anyone know how well the trutorque sl drivers hold up? Are they very snug? Almost considered just grabbing a wera hex plus driver to get the 2mm? Think it was? Screw out to get the driveshaft arms off so I can get into my differential. Just kinda worried if I do that it might be too thick. Any input or suggestions would be amazing. Thank you, best wishes!!!

Welcome along 👍
The drive shafts can be a bit fiddly to get at. Personally I find the Wera hex drivers very good (2mm for drive shafts) they're not cheap but they're nice to use, comfy in the hand and don't round off like cheap ones. Even if you only get the one size since you've got an mip set.

Welcome along 👍
The drive shafts can be a bit fiddly to get at. Personally I find the Wera hex drivers very good (2mm for drive shafts) they're not cheap but they're nice to use, comfy in the hand and don't round off like cheap ones. Even if you only get the one size since you've got an mip set.
So do you know it'll fit through it? It is 2mm isn't it? I figure for 9 bucks considering that's all I need aside the mip speed bits I have for the 3s typhon should be okay. It's either that or spending a pretty penny on the protek or vanquish which truthfully could be spent towards tires, pinions etc

So do you know it'll fit through it? It is 2mm isn't it? I figure for 9 bucks considering that's all I need aside the mip speed bits I have for the 3s typhon should be okay. It's either that or spending a pretty penny on the protek or vanquish which truthfully could be spent towards tires, pinions etc
Yep. I bought the Wera just for that purpose. It fits down inside the drive shaft perfectly.

Hello all I recently bought a speed tip set of mip i absolutely love them. Well when trying to take the driveshaft arms off to get into the differential found out the mip bits are too short. I've been trying to research on a set of hand drivers the two I have my eye on are the vanquish set (have read the are as snug an well built as mip) and the protek trutorque sl drivers. Does anyone know how well the trutorque sl drivers hold up? Are they very snug? Almost considered just grabbing a wera hex plus driver to get the 2mm? Think it was? Screw out to get the driveshaft arms off so I can get into my differential. Just kinda worried if I do that it might be too thick. Any input or suggestions would be amazing. Thank you, best wishes!!!
Heeeey, I know a guy who asked this same question on Facebook. Was it you?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back