Need a tool. A board with different size holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
I wish I could buy a board with pre-made holes of different sizes. I took this board from my wife, but it broke into pieces once done. However, it worked great to remove bearings from stubborn input gears by using a punch tool to knock the bearing out.

Is there something like this that exists to purchase?

If not, has anyone made one that I can get some ideas from, or even something similar you have made as a passthrough to knock out items and break them apart?

1710291814880.png

I wish I could buy a board with pre-made holes of different sizes. I took this board from my wife, but it broke into pieces once done. However, it worked great to remove bearings from stubborn input gears by using a punch tool to knock the bearing out.

Is there something like this that exists to purchase?

If not, has anyone made one that I can get some ideas from, or even something similar you have made as a passthrough to knock out items and break them apart?

View attachment 354279

Just use different size (metric or standard) wrench sockets to do exactly what you're trying to do.

I've always just used a vice. you open it a bit wider than the bearings width then tap it out.

Would a 1-2-3 block work? They are metal and wouldn't break as easily. A vice would also be another good option.

Or if you have a drill, you could just make a series of holes in a 2x4

Just use different size (metric or standard) wrench sockets to do exactly what you're trying to do.
Sometimes in life, no matter HOW OLD I am, I have one of those "light" come-on moments...say why in the hell did I not think of that?

Thanks, simple!

I've always just used a vice. you open it a bit wider than the bearings width then tap it out.
Good idea....

I do not have a bench setup yet I can attach one, too, and be sturdy to bang on...I will in time (y)

Sometimes in life, no matter HOW OLD I am, I have one of those "light" come-on moments...say why in the hell did I not think of that?

Thanks, simple!

You're welcome.

Glad to be of assistance. 🍺

Back