Orange threadlocked, any good? Need recommendations pls!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustOutForARip88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Vorteks
Hey everyone how you doing Hope everyone's having a good holiday just wondering everyone's thoughts on this orange threadlocker that I found today on Amazon it says that it's a high strength removable thread lock for use on bolts and fasteners that are subject to high vibrations and stuff like that has anybody had this stuff before and is it recommended or should I just go with the blue loctite?

Screenshot_20231222_140003_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_140020_Amazon Shopping.jpg

As you can see in the table, orange thread locker is advised for 6mm bolts and bigger. The force required to break it free is way to big for smaller sizes. You will strip and break the small rc bolts.
Use blue.

I use the orange gel all the time, it works much better for the pinion grub screws and motor mount screws than blue does imho. Blue is also recommend for bolts 6mm and bigger according to the chart on the back of the package.

I used it .worked as it should,does the job but I found that you have to apply a little more heat to it to remove it..just have to becarefull with near by plastics so you don't melt them.lately I use blue locktight.

I use the orange gel all the time, it works much better for the pinion grub screws and motor mount screws than blue does imho. Blue is also recommend for bolts 6mm and bigger according to the chart on the back of the package.
Yup! I use orange all the time as well. It's my preferred option and I've had no problems with stripping because of it. :cool:

Yup! I use orange all the time as well. It's my preferred option and I've had no problems with stripping because of it. :cool:

I've never stripped a screw I put in myself. Only stock Arrma "blue 242" thread locked screws. And most of the screws on my WL Toys 144001 that were placed into metal.

Yes Jason Deerden insists that they only use Blue 242 thread locker on their fasteners. I threw out the bs flag so fast when he said that. You do not need excessive amounts of heat to remove blue 242 thread locker Jason.

Blue stick. End thread/ 🤷🏻‍♂️
Good enough for me thanks man mods you can close this if you want
Definitely seems like it's something people don't agree on here some guys swear by the blue other people say that this stuff is perfect I think I might just go with the blue It's cheaper and it should definitely hold everything in place judging by whatever one says but thanks for the input guys I appreciate it

Definitely seems like it's something people don't agree on here some guys swear by the blue other people say that this stuff is perfect I think I might just go with the blue It's cheaper and it should definitely hold everything in place judging by whatever one says but thanks for the input guys I appreciate it
I’ve been using the blue paste “chap stick” since it was released over 15yrs ago.. It hasn’t let me down once. Liquid can be a mess imo. The stick is the most convenient by far, and drowning m3 fasteners is a thing of the past. If blue doesn’t hold it, it’s eleventybillion% either operator error, or some mechanical/alignment issue, or a bad bearing that’s causing it to heat up, and fail. I’ve never had to use heat to remove any fastener I’ve installed, and I always clean the threads whether it’s a fresh install, or routine maintenance. Red, mixing red in, green (bearing retainer 😳) seems to always be mentioned for “problem fasteners”, but it’s not for me. Just my personal experience in RC since the mid-1980’s, and common sense. Hope this rant/babbling helps fella. 🤣🤙

image.jpg

I found Loctite Blue 243 best for me. 243 works better than 242 with Reused fasteners that may not be 100% clean with fresh cut threads. It is oil tolerant. The main difference between 242 and 243. Tried many others. Always felt Red anything is overkill and more for my Very large Automotive fasteners. i.e Head bolts etc. My cars and other stuff. Red tends to be permanent especially with small fasteners. A fail when it's time to disassemble. Even with a torch. Arrma was using tons of Red all over their rigs at the factory and it was a nightmare. I think they toned it down a bit in the past few years . Thankfully.
Blue in general is known to be more appropriate for 1/4" and smaller RC fasteners. There are so many Threadlockers out there.
The 243 in 1 oz bottles is the most cost effective. I use it a lot having many rigs here. And also around the house.
As always, let it cure for 24 hours. A mistake many make. Then blaming the Threadlocker, and go straight to Red thinking they need stronger. Not.
Always clean the fasteners well before reusing them with any TL. Or you will ruin a wet dream. Don't need to fully flood the fasteners with gobs of TL. It's just a complete waste of TL. More is less. Less is more. Less will cure way faster as well. Better results.
Best to always use a mini torch or heat before any disassembly. Always use known good hand hex drivers to avoid a fail. TL is only appropriate for Metal on Metal fastening. Nothing else.
It is acidic and not correct for any contact with composite plastics. Doesn't even hold well with plastic if you do use it that way.

Last edited:
Ive used the orange, really couldnt tell any difference between that and blue 243 which is what I use now.

I find all threadlockers work as expected most of the time. Sometimes they let go for no reason that I can find.

Ive had motor screws that I didnt clean and only gave 3-4 hours to cure last fine until I removed them months later. Other times I've cleaned with 99%alcohol and let them cure for 2 or 3 days and somehow they back out. Also had red threadlocker fail twice. 🤷‍♂️

Hmm I've never seen the orange, looks like good stuff. Green works good too. I found purple locker for screws 6mm & less & it works really good. Doesn't back off & removal is a breeze.

Screenshot_20231222_170209_eBay.jpg

The purple is considered low strength tho. I might try the orange, I'm almost out of the purple.

I don't really want to but I can if you want me to.
Ive used the orange, really couldnt tell any difference between that and blue 243 which is what I use now.

I find all threadlockers work as expected most of the time. Sometimes they let go for no reason that I can find.

Ive had motor screws that I didnt clean and only gave 3-4 hours to cure last fine until I removed them months later. Other times I've cleaned with 99%alcohol and let them cure for 2 or 3 days and somehow they back out. Also had red threadlocker fail twice. 🤷‍♂️

Red doesn't even hold my chassis braces in. Even with lock nuts they somehow loosen themselves. 🤷

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back