Hazards of Online Shopping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Online shopping for specific spare parts where I end up buying stuff that I don't actually need. I will keep adding items to 'cart' and plan to remove non-essential items before I make my final purchase. Does not work, always be more parts than I planned. Give up and click 'pay'

Does anyone else do this?

I always review my carts carefully. For Amazon in particular, I've found items I left in a cart that I forgot about, and I no longer needed those items. Had I not looked closely at the cart I might have ordered something I didn't need. The same goes for Amain Hobbies: I use them a lot, and I sometimes put items into a cart and forget to remove them if I have purchased the item elsewhere.

My experience with Amazon has been that when I add an item to cart and do not check-out right away, there is an increase in price within hours that follow. I now only add to cart when I’m ready to check-out right away.

Online shopping for specific spare parts where I end up buying stuff that I don't actually need. I will keep adding items to 'cart' and plan to remove non-essential items before I make my final purchase. Does not work, always be more parts than I planned. Give up and click 'pay'

I always view my cart total price and see what im ordering before i do anything.

My experience with Amazon has been that when I add an item to cart and do not check-out right away, there is an increase in price within hours that follow. I now only add to cart when I’m ready to check-out right away.
Yep. I deleted my Amazon. Amain is good. Ships quick. I use e bay too. Or Jennys. Just bought some Scorched stuff. Excellent experience. Shipped real fast. Same with Ram Jam, M2C, & 3drc as well. All good

I never put anything in my cart unless I'm ready to buy. Then review it when time to pay.

Anything on Ebay or Amazon I put in a watch/wish list. Especially, If I'm shopping around. If found cheaper elsewhere, I remove it from the list. And yes, I've had prices go up for waiting. Oh well.

Nothing goes in the cart unless I'm going to buy it now. I work off of lists and specific items I'm looking for, no brows shopping.
I never really viewed Amazon as a RC go to place, Amazon is where I buy my dog food.

Last edited:
Another hazzard is/are YouTube RC influencers. For me anyway. Flying em' skyscraper high and showing you all the overpriced aftermarket goodies to turn these things into flying aluminum bricks. Wish I had never paid attention to them with their free RC's, free heavy upgrades to "test," air skill and cheery attitudes. They make it all look so easy to acquire and launch to the sky. It's not. It's marketing, and it sells. Plain and simple.

Arrma can thank Duperbash for all the Kratons he's inspired me to buy throughout the years. So I would have to say, yes the marketing plan works.

Last edited:
Arrma can thank Duperbash for all the Kratons he's inspired me to buy throughout the years. So I would have to say, yes it works.
It works. He's a nice guy as are a few others...but it's dirty. It's dirty to give the chosen few free stuff to sell to us peasants. That's not nice. It's like saying these guys are gold, but 💩 on you, so time to willingly bend over for M2C to slide it's ridiculously expensive parts into your....card. As George Carlin put it "we're SERVICING THE CUSTOMER!"

💩 on you, so time to willingly bend over for M2C to slide it's ridiculously expensive parts into your....card.

I had something nasty to say originally after my M2C Glory Queens were insulted. My M2C Glory Queens are as tough off the track as on so we'll move on.

I had something nasty to say originally after my M2C Glory Queens were insulted. My M2C Glory Queens are as tough off the track as on so we'll move on.
Not sure quite what you mean. If that works for you...great. I just know that for my running style, I never needed that crap. I got 'DUPERED.' It's my fault. It's my responsibility, but nonetheless I fell for the marketing hype. Heck, I never needed a Kraton to begin with. It's too big for the areas I have access to. After increasing it's weight with M2C bloat, I had to put in a Max 6 and bigger motor to be at the speed/acceleration it was when stock. Even with LP tires it's still an overpriced, overheating paper weight. For my style of running, this Senton 6s from Typhon suspension is perfect. Stock V5 chassis and ADU chassis braces and Ackerman bar that are just as good as M2C for my application. The ackerman bar is downright better than theirs. With cheap aluminum bulkheads and suspension blocks, this thing has some heft, but is nowhere near my M2C'd fat hog Kraton. Stock size motor and ESC will handle it no problem. The long arm, MT Kraton stresses the dainty buggy based chassis and driveshafts that it's on to begin with. I never needed it. Have you noticed that M2C doesn't make thicker driveshafts for the Typhon 6s? They don't need to. Shorter driveshafts are inherently stronger. Unless it's a U chassis MT like Hobao or CEN, length creates weakness. Other than the Typhon and Senton 6s, The whole 6s chassis platform has been way over-stressed. They are all BUGGIES in disguise. Sorry to say, but ARRMA should make hoboa type chassis' for everything except the Typhon and Talion.

I view M2C as what it takes to keep my truck together.

IMG_4251.JPG

I view M2C as what it takes to keep my truck together.

View attachment 353499
Overweight pig from M2C. Their prices are staggering. I won't buy anything major from them that again. I don't know how the RC influencers can fly these things like this. 21lbs. I can swap to LP tires no problem, but it'll still be an M2C aluminum brick.

20240227_145042.jpg

Yes. I was looking a 6s battery on Amazon yesterday and put it on my wish list. Today it went up 30 dollars.

Happens to me a lot. 🤣

I was on eBay and when I hit the buy button there was a carbon center brace and a rubber wing mount added to the order. Yep, guilty as charged.

That hasn't happened to me...yet. I don't forget what's in that cart. 🐘

Back