Shopping on Amazon... the good and the bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
I ordered the Big Rock 6s black aluminum CNC 7075-T6 XLWB chassis (ARA320610) off Amazon yesterday. I just got home from work and see a package at the door.

I get inside, prepare myself a nice coffee, and open the box. Something ain't right. What I got wasn't the chassis I ordered. The Arrma package was carefully cut open and a stock chassis (ARA320732) was inside the transparent bag sealed with Scotch tape. I contacted Amazon Customer Support right away and told them what happened. No questions asked, they refunded my money and replacement chassis is on the way. Within 5 minutes, it was all settled.

So some nipplehead got creative and did a switch-a-roo. I gotta say that I'm not upset in the least. This person really took his/her time to seal the bag up nicely. Dear reader... if you're the one that did this, I applaud your effort.

At least I’m not the only one… Here to make appreciate yes for “nipplehead” comment. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Will be using that on my girl ASAP. 🤣
Oh-and congrats on new whip, and newer still-chassis! 😎
Believe me, I could have been much more creative but I don't want any drama with the Mods because some don't have a sense of humor.

i really hate the lack of oversight with Amazon. I've paid full price for a new item only to have a used/returned item show up missing parts and pieces. They do make it right but what a PITA if you are waiting on something with a time constraint.
I've had issues like this only a handful of times since 2016 with them (because of lost or defective items). All in all, I can't complain as they make it right... and then some.

Amazon stinks. It wasn't rc parts but same thing happened to me. Almost same exact senerio. I contacted CS & they dud same thing then 30 days later I got email saying they are gonna charge me for the replacement if I didn't send the 'other' one back. The email supplied a return label & all. Heads up. Hope it works out!

i really hate the lack of oversight with Amazon. I've paid full price for a new item only to have a used/returned item show up missing parts and pieces. They do make it right but what a PITA if you are waiting on something with a time constraint.

I've found this mostly problematic with warehouse items, they're a total crap shoot regardless of what condition they claim the item to be in. I get the impression they spend all of about 5 seconds evaluating the condition and completeness of returns.

Believe me, I could have been much more creative but I don't want any drama with the Mods because some don't have a sense of humor.

I've had issues like this only a handful of times since 2016 with them (because of lost or defective items). All in all, I can't complain as they make it right... and then some.
I am a huuuuuuuge fan of calling people poop they’ve never heard before… 🤣 -and oh man; I hope I don’t run into that guy….😅🤷🏻‍♂️

Amazon stinks. It wasn't rc parts but same thing happened to me. Almost same exact senerio. I contacted CS & they dud same thing then 30 days later I got email saying they are gonna charge me for the replacement if I didn't send the 'other' one back. The email supplied a return label & all. Heads up. Hope it works out!
I asked the CS agent if I need to send it back. He said no. I'm thinking of donating the stock unit to a local guy as a gesture of paying it forward. I'll see how the mood strikes me.

That's good karma!
Huge believer in karma. Good or bad. Wish more people would, to be honest.
That's good karma!

56 (862).JPG

Last edited:
Similar story happened to me recently. Ordered a DX5C and got a SLT3, no manual , nada. Returns are easy at Amazon but I feel your frustration.

20231124_135252.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back