Hazards of Online Shopping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I break my purchase plan into 3 categories;
Essential (RC Damaged..critical. Buy now. No delay...justify cost later)
Potential (Buy now/later)
Future Upgrade Plan (lots of stuff in here)

Sometimes the categories get mixed up and hence my problem....

I think the issue with me is over reacting when something breaks. $6.00 for a stock steering block, $54.00 for a Hot Racing. That, and I'm an aerospace bling queen. I like carbon too.

I think the issue with me is over reacting when something breaks. $6.00 for a stock steering block, $54.00 for a Hot Racing. That, and I'm an aerospace bling queen. I like carbon too.
There is no worse rc feeling when you take a couple of battery packs to go bashing and 5 mins in..its game over. Head home, clean the rc and replay the moment repeatedly in your mind. This feeling has caused me to toss logic aside and purchase the craziest upgrade for the part I broke on more than one occasion.

In theory, purchase the same stock part and hopefully it will last. My opinion is the part broke because the way I drive. It is likely gonna break again as I ain't changing my driving style, thus justifying an upgrade.

My M2Ced out Kraton with a Hobbywing 1650kv motor and a 6s 6200mah battery weighs 15.2lbs
My burled out Sledge with a Castle 1717 motor and the same battery weighs 15.8lbs.
That's excellent weight for those large motors. With mine, maybe it's the fact I have Hot Racing bulkheads, their aluminum hubs, and 4lbs of belted Powerhobby tires. I should've at least tried the version of those tires for the Traxxas Maxx. Lighter and lower profile.

Has M2C's heavier driveshafts. Idk. Plus aluminum HR steering and front chassis brace...thing ah muh bob 😅. Back one too. I can't remember the names of everything. Maybe it just plain all added up. I'm not gonna go back though. Definitely not with plastic bulkheads. Tires yes, but everything else...no way. It's gonna stay a heavy hog. Too much money into it to revert back. I'm just gonna enjoy it as is. I'll run the stock Kraton tires for now, but fear the LP's for 4s models will get torn up quick under all the weight. I have a set of lower profile Redcat Kaiju tires, (they're quite lightweight) but have those reserved for a Mojave/Kraton hybrid with red Treal bulkheads and EXB upgrades. That one just has the plastic hubs, and yeah... it's a lot lighter than this K6.

My Kraton with 6s 5200mah came in at 13.38 lbs. Some m2c parts, backflips and 4985 motor.

My Kraton with 6s 5200mah came in at 13.38 lbs. Some m2c parts, backflips and 4985 motor.
😄 Well, then you must've gotten something right. Sounds perfect. Good power and weight. I did it all wrong. Not gonna spend a whole lot more on my K6. I have a couple of cooked 1250kv 4685 Spektrums and stock tires with plenty of tread. I'll stick with doing that again. Those motors got to over 200 degrees with a 23t pinion on both stock and those lard a** belted tired tires. Was told by employee at the LHS that it will run cooler on 8s....and it did with a 1650kv 4092, but still hotter than it should. I'll try the Spektrum 4685's again with the 18 tooth and stock tires. After that, I'd have to cut weight starting with the aluminum hubs back to stock.

I view M2C as what it takes to keep my truck together.

View attachment 353499
To expand upon that comment, I'm gonna say that if it took M2C to keep your truck together, then I guess it wasn't a strong enough design for your running style in the first place. These pancake, skateboard flat buggy chassis' hit a plateau. They're not trucks. They just kind of look like one. It's all long in the tooth. Overworked. Is it crazy to suggest to ARRMA to move to a MT chassis like Hobao and CEN? I'd love an ARRMA like that. Better parts support and an actual truck🤷🤷. Would make a better K6 and Notorious. Leave the skateboard buggy chassis to the SWB Typhon and make another Senton 6s out of it. The Mojave is too large for that buggy platform imo. I'm certain they could make a Hobao-like chassis with a lower center of gravity. Maybe not as low as the skateboards, but good enough. Shake some things up.

Back