Kraton Heavier Springs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you find that you go through shock ends faster? Are you using stock springs or the stiffer facebook ones suggested here?

I run into the shock end/rod end issue on my revo when I jack up the weight in the shocks. 80wt/1000cst works ok on the outcast, it just has limited ground clearance, so the shocks don't have a lot of time to absorb the hit regardless before the chassis slaps.
For me the rod ends last the same given landings are proper no breakage due to stepping up to the 1130cst. Handling is better less lean and roll. Landing correctly from 15-20ft lends to not slap the chassis like with stock fluids. You may or not notice a big diff since your already at 1000cst. Still worth a shot if your into experimenting.
Agreed the limited suspension travel is a factor. I wish the Geometry allowed more to be honest. When I stepped up I found the suspension to respond perfect for sending with not to much effect on the turning and handling while taking corners
Im still on stock springs this far and will likely pass on the FB springs as I really think I found what he uses. I can make or buy some for that$. Im hands on so at some point I'll source a better spring setup when I figure this OC build.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of stiffer springs for the kraton v5? I've searched the forums and could only find older posts about tekno springs which look to be the same specs.

After all the m2c upgrades, 4985 motor, 6s batteries the truck is just too heavy for the stock springs, I have the collars adjusted all the way down and it still sags.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!
I had the same problem and I put a set of infraction springs on top of the stock springs. I think it looks better than all that preload. I’ll post a picture later if you want to see it

I had the same problem and I put a set of infraction springs on top of the stock springs. I think it looks better than all that preload. I’ll post a picture later if you want to see it
Here’s a picture of the added springs

image.jpg

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of stiffer springs for the kraton v5? I've searched the forums and could only find older posts about tekno springs which look to be the same specs.

After all the m2c upgrades, 4985 motor, 6s batteries the truck is just too heavy for the stock springs, I have the collars adjusted all the way down and it still sags.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Hit up Joseph Angel Diaz on Facebook. He makes and sells them for like 50 a set of 4. I have a set on my v4 and exb kraton. I run 4000cst diff oil and its prime. His spring is on the right, stock is on the left. Worth every penny. I launch my truck and it doesn't bottom out.
received_615552725755606.jpeg

received_615552725755606.jpeg

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I always strive to have my ride's suspension travel somewhere in the middle of its range of motion when they are sitting still. Specifically, I always start out with ride height being front arms/bones level, and the rear end just a hair below bones level. Running on rough terrain, I like the suspension to do its thing in both directions.
Exactly. The suspension isn't only about what you hit. The rise is EQUALLY important in maintaining control. 50-75% sag is desirable.(close to 75 is almost offroad stock, 50% is high end custom) Another way to look at it, from an offroader's perspective, is when you go airborne, you have more travel than norm where its needed for the impact upon landing.

Are they tied together? That setup must really fly off of ramps. Just wondering if they jam the suspension or not.
No they’ not tied together but they never jam. I am looking for a washer to go between them just for looks. It launches really good. Damn thing weighs 15 lbs. with battery and fully upgraded

Hit up Joseph Angel Diaz on Facebook. He makes and sells them for like 50 a set of 4. I have a set on my v4 and exb kraton. I run 4000cst diff oil and its prime. His spring is on the right, stock is on the left. Worth every penny. I launch my truck and it doesn't bottom out. View attachment 122490

View attachment 122489
Does Angel Diaz have an email address?
I’ve never messed with fakebook. Springs look great!

Hit up Joseph Angel Diaz on Facebook. He makes and sells them for like 50 a set of 4. I have a set on my v4 and exb kraton. I run 4000cst diff oil and its prime. His spring is on the right, stock is on the left. Worth every penny. I launch my truck and it doesn't bottom out. View attachment 122490

View attachment 122489
I don't have facebook. I need these springs, does he have an account on this forum?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back