Kraton Help diagnosing noise!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshada2828

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
To prefix everything was fine and the only “noise” was the typical sound from the pinion/spur. Last run ended early because it had a tumble with a weird noise I hadn’t hear but the front right driveshaft popped out so I figured it was just that. Also had found that the shock standoff had snapped off on the bolt side but besides that everything popped back in and I went out for a bash this afternoon. This is the noise I had discovered but it had been seeming to drive normal although I didn’t want to romp on anything too hard. I ended up taking the videos and then cutting it short to try and diagnose the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated before I just tear everything apart lol

Video 1
Video 2

And here’s a Video of one of the first runs to show the normal “noises”

Edit: we’ll I have found one issue. Hopefully that’s all it is and that I saved myself more damage from not just bashing on!

Last edited:
To prefix everything was fine and the only “noise” was the typical sound from the pinion/spur. Last run ended early because it had a tumble with a weird noise I hadn’t hear but the front right driveshaft popped out so I figured it was just that. Also had found that the shock standoff had snapped off on the bolt side but besides that everything popped back in and I went out for a bash this afternoon. This is the noise I had discovered but it had been seeming to drive normal although I didn’t want to romp on anything too hard. I ended up taking the videos and then cutting it short to try and diagnose the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated before I just tear everything apart lol

Video 1
Video 2

And here’s a Video of one of the first runs to show the normal “noises”

Edit: we’ll I have found one issue. Hopefully that’s all it is and that I saved myself more damage from not just bashing on!

Welcome!

Good work and find. Mesh would have been a call out of mine. Replace the pinion and check the spur as well no teeth are missing.

If you feel the rear/front are ok skip them, I would check the mesh if they need shims on the ring gear side for the front/rear diffs. Also how well is the mesh inside the diff housing between the diff crown gear and input gear... No referring to the inside or diff internals.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back