Mojave Arrma Mojave 1/7 6s making odd noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboroday

Reaction score
My arrma Mojave 6s 1/7, is making a grinding or buzzing noise when punching the throttle, and when punching the throttle, rear wheels don’t always spin or have power to them. New to these. What could it be?

Rear diff Input and ring or diff internals. A lot of arrma cars come miss shimmed from the factory. Re-shimming diffs is the second thing I do to an arrma rig after checking to see that the diffs were not dry from factory and that's the first thing.

Take the rear end out and look for missing/damaged teeth first on the outside then check the internal gears if nothing shows on input and ring gear.

If you can turn both rear wheels by hand af the same time in opposing direction it’s the rear crown/input gear. If you can’t it’s the rear internal gears.

Think you got close but not where you were trying to go. If turned the same direction it should transfer to the center diff and check input/crown yes. Opposing directions would be checking internals not input/crown. With that if the internals are stripped on one side you should be checking both tire same directions both directions to see if only on side of internals in stripped. Internals stripped on both sides would free wheel the input and not even let you check it this way.

Question to me is if you have to take it apart to replace the parts any way why not take it apart to find out what's broken so you know you got the right part?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back