Senton Hi all new to RC cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedeyes

Reaction score
Hi all

Very sorry I’m sure this has been discussed a million times

I’m very green to the whole RC thing but in a whim I brought 2 senton blx 4x4 for my boys

They both come with 1 battery which last 15-20 mins and as you can imagine the world ended when they did

I would like to get 2 more each for them but it’s a mine field out there from cheap to mega money

Which ones do people recommend?

Thank you for you time :)

Welcome to the forum! 15 - 20 minutes of run time is above-average. I recommend the CNHL 6600mAh 3s LiPo, I have one and it's great, tons of punch and run time. Just solder on an EC5 connector and you'll be good to go!

Welcome to the forum! 15 - 20 minutes of run time is above-average. I recommend the CNHL 6600mAh 3s LiPo, I have one and it's great, tons of punch and run time. Just solder on an EC5 connector and you'll be good to go!
Thanks pug for your reply, that’s ok then I thought I was being short changed in the run time :)

Is the c rating ok for the senton don’t want to burn the motors up?

I've had good experiences with Turnigy batteries.

Welcome to AF

It’s the c rating I’m worried about the ones I got are 35c burst 65c
Can I go bigger?
Yes, you can. C rating refers to the available current from the battery. Higher the C the better as your motor will only take what it needs. A higher C battery cannot "push" current into a motor. C ratings are largely for marketing purposes, rarely are they accurate. Budget batteries are getting better and better in my opinion. I run a few "Zeee" batteries and "Yowoo" that I get from Amazon. Have had very good luck and neither break the bank. The 6s Yowoo I have is very very impressive in terms of runtime and punch. I usually get 20-30 minutes in higher than it should be grass with my kraton

Yes you can. But higher c rating won't last any longer. The c rating is like the punch, the amount of juice it can deliver in a burst of throttle. The mah rating is capacity. The higher the mah the longer it will last but also heavier. Just make sure its a 3s (11.1volts) battery.

A high C rating won't hurt the electronics at all.

Get the 100c or better and 5000mah.. u could go 6200 maybe but weight will change how it flows..are u running 3s!? I'm pretty sure cnhl has a sale right now, I would prolly go with those if your not using the smart setup!? Welcome to the dungeon!!😎

Welcome! Many cheaper brands on Amazon. Do a search here in electronics section, lot of information on lipos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back