Hobby shops closed today and I need paint for a proline body today,does department stores or hardware stores carry paint for polycarbonate shells?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
Got to get paint today .and hobby stores are closed .I want Tamiya but I'd have to order it but I don't want to wait .has any one bought paint from like Walmart or a hardware store that works? Trying to get this painted for my sons kraton thanks

IMG_20240308_195007946.jpg

Maybe? Krylon? One time I painted a chrome air cleaner cover for a Harley & I scuffed it well with sandpaper then sprayed adhesion promoter 1st. Then black rattle can paint. Worked. I'm not sure about plastic but thought I'd share the info. Found this screen shot a while back.

Screenshot_20240310_145314_Chrome.jpg

I just need to know what other paints can I use for polycarbonate.the krylon fusion paint at Walmart says any surface 🤷 has anyone used it before?

So is polycarbonate same as lexan? I don't think it is .help me out Boyz .I'm going out soon and I want to get something that works if not I'll have to order a can from tamiya.seems like I can't go wrong with that just hate waiting.also would black be a good backing for white? My son wants black windows so I figure black back I would be a good idea 🤷

Last edited:
Yup that's what I ended up doin ,went to a few places and just didn't feel comfortable taking a chance of paint flaking off so I ordered a can of Tamiya .now the waiting game .should be here Thursday or friday.now what backing can I use on the white ? I figured black since my son wants black windows,but won't black backing make the white darker? Unless I mask off the white and paint the windows separately 🤷

Screenshot_20240311-035734.png

Back