Help Identifying Paint Code or Color

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, looking for a bit of help here. I've looked on Amazon at the Tamiya & Duratrax polycarbonate paints, but I can't seem to find this color or one close to it. I'm looking for a desert/sand light brown color, pretty much exactly what's on the Abrams tank I attached below. My closest hobby shop is about 45 mins away, so many times the Amazon route is a little easier for me. If you guys could provide me with a polycarbonate paint code or name for either brand that matches, I'd greatly appreciate it. If I have to order it from a different online retailer, that's fine also. Thanks.

1708975060107.png

I used to build models back in high school. I think this here might hit the spot. It comes in the standard Model Master glass vials as well, of course. I just happened upon the spray can first. If not exact, it should get you in the ballpark.

1708976100214.png

I used to build models back in high school. I think this here might hit the spot. It comes in the standard Model Master glass vials as well, of course. I just happened upon the spray can first. If not exact, it should get you in the ballpark.

View attachment 350974
Thank you, that certainly appears to be the color! Will this work on Polycarbonate? I'm looking to paint a body for one of my rigs.

Thank you, that certainly appears to be the color! Will this work on Polycarbonate? I'm looking to paint a body for one of my rigs.
Glad I could help. :)

It's enamel so I don't see why it wouldn't but, just to be sure, I'd test it on a scrap piece before going to town on a body. Good prep, scuff the Lexan with Scotchbrite and you should be in business.

This is for Polycarbonate: revell #16 sand yellow:View attachment 350976
Thank you! That color would do the trick, but it appears to be acrylic. I've been doing research since I've posted this thread and many people state that acrylic will crack and flake if subjected to the hammering that we put our rigs through. Apparently polycarbonate paint has special chemicals in it that etch and adhere to the lexan in a way that acrylic paint does not. It's puzzling that there are no "tactical" polycarbonate colors for lexan shells :mad:

Spaz Stix may have what I'm looking for. I'd be more inclined to go with the Coyote Brown, as the Desert Tan looks more like washed out mud
1708978748701.png

1708978769935.png

Last edited:
Back