Typhon Hobbywing SC8 with 6s did it fry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathesonfire

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Hi has anyone tried the Hobbywing SC8 with 6s? Did it fry? Much appreciate any response thank you!

Hi has anyone tried the Hobbywing SC8 with 6s? Did it fry? Much appreciate any response thank you!
Most ecs have some sort of overvoltage protection built in, at least the ones I have tried did anyway. I tried connecting a 3s lipo to a 2s esc and the led just flashed at me.

I just watched a Kevin Talbot video where he plugged a 4s lipo into a 3s esc, the fans and servo kicked on but no power to the motor.

Most ecs have some sort of overvoltage protection built in, at least the ones I have tried did anyway. I tried connecting a 3s lipo to a 2s esc and the led just flashed at me.
ta (thanks) mate! I appreciate that.. I wonder if you take off the low voltage setting if it lets it use the 6s, I think I saw a comment about that on youtube or something not sure though. Thanks again mate

ta (thanks) mate! I appreciate that.. I wonder if you take off the low voltage setting if it lets it use the 6s, I think I saw a comment about that on youtube or something not sure though. Thanks again mate
Even if you could that’s a terrible idea. The esc is only designed to thermally dissipate so much heat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back