Hot Racing arm pin retainers for 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
šŸ™ I prayed to the RC God about this but received no discernible answer so figured I would reach out to some of his disciplesā€¦

I put a full set of these hot racing arm pin retainers on my notorious. On the sides of each one is a grub screw to secure the pins so that the pins stays stationary and the arms rotate around it. When I look at other arm pin retainers like M2C and GPM, they use inserts so that pins rotate within the retainer itself as well.

This seems like a better system because I noticed the pins can get a bit frozen in the arms. Am I thinking right? Can I just leave those little grub screws out so that the pins rotate freely within the aluminum retainer or will that leave too much play in that area?

Many thanks yā€™all!

Last edited:
Get a 4mm a arm reamer that will solve the problem.
Ok cool I was looking at one of those. Thanks!
Use the screws to lock the pins in place. The arms will be able to move, and will loosen up a little with use. You don't want the pin blocks to act as a hinge and wear out; the arms are meant to provide that movement.
Got it. Thanks bud!

My thought baby is to ream the arms and sleeve them with a brass tube that is fitted to the pin. The tube would be epoxied to the A-arm. The intent would be to tighten up the "walk" that exists in stock config. Then again, that may be a big rabbithole with diminishing returns for the effort...

My thought baby is to ream the arms and sleeve them with a brass tube that is fitted to the pin. The tube would be epoxied to the A-arm. The intent would be to tighten up the "walk" that exists in stock config. Then again, that may be a big rabbithole with diminishing returns for the effort...
Yeah darlinā€™, thereā€™s all kinda ways I could fiddlestick that up so I best go with simple šŸ˜‚

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back