Granite Hot Racing C hub/Steering block install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bennyboy2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
Installed these two HR parts today. Pretty easy install. Only a little confusing that they give extra screws and you wonder why(hope they were extra).
I noticed when I installed bearings and put the drive shaft along with fixing the hex back on that there was just a little bit of play between hex and block. There is at least a 1-1.5mm play. Wasn’t sure if anyone else noticed this when they installed. I am sure it is fine. The bearing gets pushed out with it ever so slightly. Unlike being seated pretty tightly in the stock plastic block these ten to just fit inside.
Just phishing for lil feed back from anyone else who has installed

Attachments

• 328424B5-25D7-401F-AEC4-3152A1B0E57D.jpeg
    328424B5-25D7-401F-AEC4-3152A1B0E57D.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 35FD093F-3832-4BF3-84AA-291B62DB43B0.jpeg
    35FD093F-3832-4BF3-84AA-291B62DB43B0.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 136
  • D5E65A38-372D-4DF8-8B27-B2123178807D.jpeg
    D5E65A38-372D-4DF8-8B27-B2123178807D.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 111
Sorry no input other than they are beautiful.

Installed these two HR parts today. Pretty easy install. Only a little confusing that they give extra screws and you wonder why(hope they were extra).
I noticed when I installed bearings and put the drive shaft along with fixing the hex back on that there was just a little bit of play between hex and block. There is at least a 1-1.5mm play. Wasn’t sure if anyone else noticed this when they installed. I am sure it is fine. The bearing gets pushed out with it ever so slightly. Unlike being seated pretty tightly in the stock plastic block these ten to just fit inside.
Just phishing for lil feed back from anyone else who has installed
You can take the slop out with some 12x18x0.5mm shims. Don’t put too many in or it will bind. i think I use one on all four corners on my set of HR hubs.

Now about extra screw, can you say what size they are or post a pic? Mine didn’t come with extras as far as I can remember.

I have a set on my Senton 3s and have about 30 sessions with them installed. So far I like them, but yes the bearing slop is a bit bothersome. I also installed washers to take some out, but like said before, if you crank the hob down really tight and something gets in between, it will drag.

I also installed them on the rear, and the rocks are chewing them up slowly.

When installing the inner bearing, I put a very light dab of grease on the outside of the bearing so it comes back out easily. If you also install the RPM a arms, you will need to sand the a arm a bit to make them move freely. Not a big deal, but just make sure the suspension moves freely when the shocks are not attached.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back