How can i reduce fan noise?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Higher CFM fans usually come with more blades than the average. It tunes in the air flow velocity more eficientley technically speaking.
I got 2 new Tornado Yeah Racing 30mm fans with HS kit for my Lim. motor. One fan was noisey and caused a high pitch vibration throughout the chassis. It seemed slower than the other. Drove me crazy. I took it out and removed the bottom label and put a drop of thin oil on the bearing shaft and the noise went away mostly. But it spins alot faster now. I decided to do the other fan as well. I do that to dying fans also. These fans have Ball bearings and some have oilite bushings. But a drop of oil is all you need sometimes. Replace the label after you oil, but run the fan to test it first. Move the fan around in diff. position while it is spinning to let the oil seep in. New fans are usually a mixed bag. No matter what you pay. Sometimes the Mfr. just fails to lube them and B.B.'s cant run them dry or they fail right away. Hence the noise and vibration. Fans suck IMO. PITA.:cool:
The fans on my brand new Cooler master watercooler were junk out of the box, anything above 60% and they sounded really bad. What really made me angry was that I lost the tag that had the serial number on it and I couldn't return it they didn't even have it on the box....... So I had to buy new fans,just went with some Yate Loons.

I received my alluminum fan and it just keeps making a lot of noise cracking noise ect when i remove the fan it sounds normal like the esc fan does. And i snaped one blade because i was stupid enought to unthread the screws trying to use orings to reduce the noice or vibrations and my hex driver went directly inside the fan? Took me 2 hours to fix itView attachment 72965
You can’t fix stuff like that. It’s balanced because of very high rpm. Replace it.

You can’t fix stuff like that. It’s balanced because of very high rpm. Replace it.
^^^ Yep, crack a blade and it is FUBAR. No fixing that. Toss it. And it happens too often. I hate Fans. It just takes a tiny pebble or debris and blade(s) break. Fan grilles help somewhat. Did I say I hate fans?:LOL:

Higher CFM fans usually come with more blades than the average. It tunes in the air flow velocity more eficientley technically speaking.
I got 2 new Tornado Yeah Racing 30mm fans with HS kit for my Lim. motor. One fan was noisey and caused a high pitch vibration throughout the chassis. It seemed slower than the other. Drove me crazy. I took it out and removed the bottom label and put a drop of thin oil on the bearing shaft and the noise went away mostly. But it spins alot faster now. I decided to do the other fan as well. I do that to dying fans also. These fans have Ball bearings and some have oilite bushings. But a drop of oil is all you need sometimes. Replace the label after you oil, but run the fan to test it first. Move the fan around in diff. position while it is spinning to let the oil seep in. New fans are usually a mixed bag. No matter what you pay. Sometimes the Mfr. just fails to lube them and B.B.'s cant run them dry or they fail right away. Hence the noise and vibration. Fans suck IMO. PITA.:cool:
I already droped 1-2 drops already but not when its spinning it makes air noise but i can hear a little pintch noise
Nan will run it until it dies it was a gift from amainhobbies
Sad i had to ruin it 5 mins after i received it im like that should have let it how it was and not bother with the noise it was making
I only used micro drops of superglue its enough to make the whole fan fubar? I menaged to put it in exactly how it was before

Last edited:
I like fan noise, lol.
its like having a lumpy cam in a big block

Bad or out of balance fans can make a lot of resonance and make the whole car resonate with it. Try another fan or lower voltage

I like fan noise, lol.
its like having a lumpy cam in a big block
thread necro.jpg

Good quality fans and a mesh work great for me. This WTF (with Alza mount) is on my X-Maxx for over a year now and still blows like hell. And it’s being abused in very dusty conditions.

33F01052-6BD8-4FD3-987C-674343F1B6A2.jpeg

265F7F39-CC9B-4C13-B880-494149BD0B21.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back