Esc fan not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deceased

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everyone! I was wondering if yall could help me out with problem I have I went bashing earlier today and when I landed a ramp my motor fan and my esc fan cut out. I have no clue what it could be. I have a light bar and connected to ever slot and the light bar seemed to light up so could it just be the fan? The wires seem good I don’t see any cut wires for the esc. Could it cause a short some where. TIA :)
IMG_6380.png

Motor fan and ESC fan both quit? Check your connection in the receiver. Are they both on the same y-cable? Fans definitely get knocked out by impacts occasionally, so maybe it’s coincidence but definitely check the connections.

Motor fan and ESC fan both quit? Check your connection in the receiver. Are they both on the same y-cable? Fans definitely get knocked out by impacts occasionally, so maybe it’s coincidence but definitely check the connections.
Just saw the motor fan cable was cut it was just tucked inside still. For the esc fan I think they just went bad in this case you think?

Which ESC are you running? Some only turn the fans on when a certain temp is detected.

Is the fan plugged into the port on the ESC? Did you check it?

No, your ESC fan, not your motor fan. That plugs into the top of your ESC, right? The ESC fan doesn’t plug into the receiver, it plugs into the top/side of the ESC.

Fan more than likely took a dump. No biggie, just buy another fan and screw it onto the ESC case.
That’s what I did they should be getting here today. I wonder what caused it to go bad. After landed a backflip the fan just gave out. I think it was matter of time it would have given out.

That’s what I did they should be getting here today. I wonder what caused it to go bad. After landed a backflip the fan just gave out. I think it was matter of time it would have given out.
It just happens man, this hobby is full of unsolved mysteries lol. I just had the fan go out on my Castle ESC after about a year of usage. Luckily I had a spare fan around that I was able to screw onto the fan shroud. A bit of helpful advice, put some window/door screen between the fan and the factory fan grille, it'll keep even more crap from getting in and prematurely destroying your fans.
20240302_231149.jpg

It just happens man, this hobby is full of unsolved mysteries lol. I just had the fan go out on my Castle ESC after about a year of usage. Luckily I had a spare fan around that I was able to screw onto the fan shroud. A bit of helpful advice, put some window/door screen between the fan and the factory fan grille, it'll keep even more crap from getting in and prematurely destroying your fans.
View attachment 353932
I have a copperhead esc and I need thin and long screws to be able to screw in the esc fan I just don’t know what size it is. I took two screws off the NHX fan that I had on my motor fan.

I have a copperhead esc and I need thin and long screws to be able to screw in the esc fan I just don’t know what size it is. I took two screws off the NHX fan that I had on my motor fan.
I'm not sure how you bash and where. It never hurt to put some screen over a fan to keep debris out as much as possible. Fans do die not all are made equal, and I tend to get better fans. Heck, they had died, but they are rare compared to OEM stock fans. Keep spares

If you add thread locker and just two screws you are fine. Many of my big rigs have two screws holding a 40x28mm fan with a thread locker. With serious bashing, they have not moved.

I'm not sure how you bash and where. It never hurt to put some screen over a fan to keep debris out as much as possible. Fans do die not all are made equal, and I tend to get better fans. Heck, they had died, but they are rare compared to OEM stock fans. Keep spares

If you add thread locker and just two screws you are fine. Many of my big rigs have two screws holding a 40x28mm fan with a thread locker. With serious bashing, they have not moved.
I have a copperhead esc and the threads for the screws are very small and it’s long too and I don’t know the right size of the right screw so I took some of the NHX that broke. Do you have any possible idea what size it could be?

IMG_6398.jpeg

I have a copperhead esc and the threads for the screws are very small and it’s long too and I don’t know the right size of the right screw so I took some of the NHX that broke. Do you have any possible idea what size it could be?

View attachment 353967
I have some fans on the ESC for Kyosho Mad Van and others that threw me for a while. After some research, I found they were 2.5mm button head screws, and like you, I had to get 18 to 20mm long ones to reach the ESC to screw down.

Not sure what you need, but 2.5 was it for me.

1710182612353.png

1710182627041.png

Back