How can I activate disc brakes during brake but not reverse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I’m converting a 2wd gas buggy to electric and would like to add front disc brakes.

Mixing transmitter channels to engage the disc brakes during braking seems easy enough. However, I’d like the car to have reverse as well. And it can’t reverse while the disc brakes are engaged.

So, is there a way to have the disc brakes engage during ESC braking and disengage during ESC reverse?

Interesting question. The problem is that the ESC braking occurs on the ESC side, separate from what the receiver sees, right? Which means you'd have to somehow rig a separate line off the ESC controller? I think that would be your challenge. As far as the receiver goes, all it sees is + or - on a channel. Would you consider trying to add the disc brake to a separate channel and getting good at hitting a separate button for braking?

Would you consider trying to add the disc brake to a separate channel and getting good at hitting a separate button for braking?
I suppose that might be the only way. Modulation may be difficult though. The front brakes would either be 100% on or off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back