Kraton How to remove the pinion from the drive in the gear box?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemedic

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Trying to separate the pinion from a damaged front gear box. I removed the grub screw but can't get it budge, am I missing something? I looked at YouTube but can't find anything clear enough showing the process.

16864088298783736905837251292485.jpg

Trying to separate the pinion from a damaged front gear box. I removed the grub screw but can't get it budge, am I missing something? I looked at YouTube but can't find anything clear enough showing the process.

View attachment 304941
Put a 3mm hex driver behind the sun gear and hammer it. Might have slightly fuzed with threadlock

I normally get a thin screwdriver just on the top and give it a tap once its loose it should come off easy

View attachment 304941
Take an awl or suitable size punch, heat up the Input cup , then punch out the Pinion/input gear through the Input cup. Easily done with some heat/ mini torch. They usually get stuck like this. Use Blue Thread locker on the Cup's set screw/grub screw when you reinstall it . Let cure for a day or so, before running it.
I would absolutely use New BB's there!! (y) (y)
And both a new set of main and Input gears. Replace as a pair.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back