Kraton how do i remove the front diff on my arrma kraton rxb rtr? it wont come out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_hero6

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
how do i remove the front diff on my arrma kraton rxb rtr? it wont come out

IMG_0286.jpeg

Judging by the shim, something blew up inside, putting a lot of pressure on the bearings. You may need to pry it out with something. Screwdriver?

It went in there....it'll come out.

Might be that the EXB diff cups are bigger than the regular V5 cups & need to remove the two lower shock tower screws that screw into the bulkhead right at the cups. Looks like they are hitting the heads of the bolts. My V3 & V5, I have to wiggle on it and turn the shafts some & turn the diff & it'll come out, when I think it won't. But those cups are smaller. EXB are little bigger on the size.

how do i remove the front diff on my arrma kraton rxb rtr? it wont come out

View attachment 342190

I find when trying to get around those two lower screws on the shock mount plate...I need to turn those outdrives on each side where the flat side of the outdrive on each side can pass under those two screws. Then, walk it like a duck to move it forward.

Also, make sure nothing on the shock areas is blocking the drivetrain arms from moving forward. Shocks are removed, etc, so the drivetrain can move forward.

I find when trying to get around those two lower screws on the shock mount plate...I need to turn those outdrives on each side where the flat side of the outdrive on each side can pass under those two screws. Then, walk it like a duck to move it forward.

Also, make sure nothing on the shock areas is blocking the drivetrain arms from moving forward. Shocks are removed, etc, so the drivetrain can move forward.
Thanks! That strategy worked!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back