HR ATF9337 vs AR310885/AR310886 diff gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
What’s the juice on these diff gears? Any issues? Which is preferred?

Looking to beef up diffs on my 4s BRCC.

Thanks.

What’s the juice on these diff gears? Any issues? Which is preferred?

Looking to beef up diffs on my 4s BRCC.

Thanks.
Go for the HR!! Spiral cut gears are smoother and stronger.
I have them in my kraton 4s v1.6 for about 3 years. Smooth running!!

Both are good. Theres no really complains on the v2 4s diffs. The CNC are better im sure been praised here in the forum the HR is overkill. What u pla ning on running 8s? XD. The most important i believe is to get metal yokes and shim them. Sintered, CNC or spiral cut it will take a lot to snap any of the teeths out. The gears will have a hard time trying to slip

Both are good. Theres no really complains on the v2 4s diffs. The CNC are better im sure been praised here in the forum the HR is overkill. What u pla ning on running 8s? XD. The most important i believe is to get metal yokes and shim them. Sintered, CNC or spiral cut it will take a lot to snap any of the teeths out. The gears will have a hard time trying to slip
Agreed the plastic yokes are a JOKE. Must be changed to aluminum. Plastic yokes will destroy any metal gear used in time.

I have no personal experience with the HR gears, but I have no reason to suspect they would be a bad choice.

Realistically, your gear choice matters less than getting the right conditions for the gears -- such as mesh, sturdy yoke, clean housing, good bearings, setting slipper right. Any one of those conditions left unchecked could ruin even steel gears. And getting the right conditions on those would make even plastic gears last a lot longer. For starters, you definitely need need a quality aluminum yoke. Those are resoundingly agreed upon here at the forum for being the #1 best upgrade for making gears last longer. I would not run new steel gears without an aluminum yoke. I recommend the Hot Racing one.

If you're looking for something in between steel and plastic, you could check out these aluminum gears, i've heard good things about them:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234762038181

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back