My gears blew up in my infraction where can i buy upgraded gears?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
↑ ↑ ↑

I second this. Money well-invested IMHO.

Cool I will order 2 of each. Are they hard to install? Hobbytown is way to expensive

I don't think they should be hard to install, you only need to take out like 4 or 5 screws to get to each diff, then each diff yolk has 4 screws in it. I've never assembled them either so I am not sure how easy they are to assemble but you just swap the internals out of your old one and put them in the new stuff. So many hobby stores are going to be more expensive than ordering parts online from like eBay or Jennys rc for sure.

I don't think they should be hard to install, you only need to take out like 4 or 5 screws to get to each diff, then each diff yolk has 4 screws in it. I've never assembled them either so I am not sure how easy they are to assemble but you just swap the internals out of your old one and put them in the new stuff. So many hobby stores are going to be more expensive than ordering parts online from like eBay or Jennys rc for sure.
Thank you all for you valuable information

Not sure where he is located but the one near me charges 50 an hour with half hour minimum. Heck of a way to get people into and keep in the hobby. I can just see all the broken R/C cars sitting around because people can't work on them and don't want to pay for repair.

Not sure where he is located but the one near me charges 50 an hour with half hour minimum. Heck of a way to get people into and keep in the hobby. I can just see all the broken R/C cars sitting around because people can't work on them and don't want to pay for repair.
It should not take 3 hours to replace both of the diffs and it's only $34 in parts. All I can think is they were trying to replace the entire diff assembly as those are $65 each.

Cool I will order 2 of each. Are they hard to install? Hobbytown is way to expensive
I just installed a complete set in my BRCC. You will need a 2.5 and 2mm hex driver as tools. Diff fluid of your choice too.

It isn’t difficult to accomplish. But then again, it all depends how mechanically inclined you are. It took me about 2 hours from beginning to end. But I’m super anal, so I tend to take longer than most.

Take. Your. Time. Most of all, have fun and learn from it👌🏻

Here is a good tutorial I have saved.

I just installed a complete set in my BRCC. You will need a 2.5 and 2mm hex driver as tools. Diff fluid of your choice too.

It isn’t difficult to accomplish. But then again, it all depends how mechanically inclined you are. It took me about 2 hours from beginning to end. But I’m super anal, so I tend to take longer than most.

Take. Your. Time. Most of all, have fun and learn from it👌🏻

Here is a good tutorial I have saved.

It always amazes me how doing something as simple as checking the fluid in my diffs turns into a all day ordeal. :ROFLMAO:

Or just buy complete metal diff assemblies from Jenny’s RC.

Or just buy complete metal diff assemblies from Jenny’s RC.
If you’re referring to the 4s gears, I’ve read mixed reviews on those. Aren’t they cast?

If going to metal, I would suggest going with the CNC steel units (as you mentioned above).

If you’re referring to the 4s gears, I’ve read mixed reviews on those. Aren’t they cast?

If going to metal, I would suggest going with the CNC steel units (as you mentioned above).
Ar ok. Didn't know they were different. My bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back