Infraction I want to put some kind of treaded slightly knobby tires on my infraction. Are there any that fit? Belted would be preferable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janus

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to put some kind of treaded slightly knobby tires on my infraction. Are there any that fit? Belted would be preferable. Nothing too aggressive just for dirt roads and things that aren't paved. The 8s conversion will be coming soon. I am using Spektrum gear instead of the Mamba Monster 8 or whatever it's called because I want to keep the telemetry. The Mamba came with the motor too but now I don't know what to use it on and now broke from buying RC stuff. I would use it on my E-Revo 2.0 bit the batteries wouldn't fit. And again I would lose the telemetry. I wish that stuff was all compatible for that. I liked when I started when I was 10 in the late 80's where you could mix and match just about everything!

If you want belted, 2 tires come to mind, one being less aggresive. Just have to make sure they don't rub your body since these are taller than your Hoons.

The less aggressive is Jetko Rockform Belted 1/8 Buggy Tires: the measurements indicate they are 4.25" tall but thats wrong. They are prob 4.5" tall
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203829349995

The more aggressive is Powerhobby Armor Belted 1/8 buggy tires: 4.48" tall
https://www.ebay.com/itm/374237496672

Duratrax six pack sc are good to 60mph before extreme balloon.

IMG_1619.jpeg

The issue the OP is running into is if the tires will clear the fenders and not rub. The Duratrax six pack sc are 4.25" in diamiter. The Powerhobby Defenders 2.2 SCT are 4.42 inches in diameter. I don't have an Infraction so I don't know what is the max height of the tire that will clear. Plus he wanted them belted. Decisions, decisions lol

And nice Senton! ^^

The issue the OP is running into is if the tires will clear the fenders and not rub. The Duratrax six pack sc are 4.25" in diamiter. The Powerhobby Defenders 2.2 SCT are 4.42 inches in diameter. I don't have an Infraction so I don't know what is the max height of the tire that will clear. Plus he wanted them belted. Decisions, decisions lol

And nice Senton! ^^
Thank you. The back hubs (if plastic) would need to be ground down with a dremel, then set the tie rods lower. I did it to my Typhon to Senton 6s conversion. Or...he could upgrade to ADU's 7075 aluminum hubs. They're shorter than stock, and have the bigger bearings. Been thinking about that, myself.

Thanks. Yeah probably don't need belted since I wouldn't be going that fast on dirt. Appreciate the options

Just out of curiosity, what is the dirt like? Is it hard pack or sandy? If its more hard pack/grass, you can get away with very soft compound GRP tires. I have GRPs in 1/8 and 1/5 scale size and they are in a class of their own. Insane traction and will even hook up on grass and hard dirt - grass must be short lol. My Hoons just spin on grass.

Back