If you like AVC or thinking about it, check this out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m looking at that very radio. Until I’m fully upgraded and no more spektrum? I want one radio for 5 rigs!

I AVC or Traxxas TMS on most of my rigs - both on-road and off-road - and found it works well.
On the Traxxas rigs, there is not much to adjust (either on or off).
I run AVC receivers in my Horizon rigs - DBXL E-2, Felony, Super Rock Rey, and Fireteam (pulled out handbrake and tossed in an AVC receiver).
I have these receivers bound to either a DX5C or DX5Pro transmitter, which allows for fine tuning of the AVC response - as mentioned above, this control is what really makes AVC stand out.
AVC really helps when running on slicker surfaces - wet grass, or on ice or packed snow.
If you have the Traxxas Bluetooth module in a Traxxas TQi transmitter,using the app you can adjust the amount of TSM anywhere from 0 to 100 percent.

If you have the Traxxas Bluetooth module in a Traxxas TQi transmitter,using the app you can adjust the amount of TSM anywhere from 0 to 100 percent.
I have the module, but rarely use it when running - mainly just to update firmware.
I will check out the TMS adjustment, but for most part it is fine on stock setting for bashers.

AFAIK the TSM adjustment in the app is the exact same as the multi-function knob. If you have a profile open in the app and turn the MF knob you can see it over-ride the app in real-time IIRC.

Keep in mind when you set or adjust your endpoints, etc., you do NEED to rebind and recalibrate AVC. This way the AVC knows how to find the center when those points have been changed. AVC always tries to keep the rig straight, which I get perfectly bashing off-road on bumpy grounds.

Again, sorry for the bad experience...
I did all that - three times or more. It may have been a bad receiver, but I chose not to replace it.

I AVC or Traxxas TMS on most of my rigs - both on-road and off-road - and found it works well.
On the Traxxas rigs, there is not much to adjust (either on or off).
I run AVC receivers in my Horizon rigs - DBXL E-2, Felony, Super Rock Rey, and Fireteam (pulled out handbrake and tossed in an AVC receiver).
I have these receivers bound to either a DX5C or DX5Pro transmitter, which allows for fine tuning of the AVC response - as mentioned above, this control is what really makes AVC stand out.
AVC really helps when running on slicker surfaces - wet grass, or on ice or packed snow.

Nice, thank you. I can adjust my level of TSM, with the knob, as others said. But sadly, it's just 1 value, from 0 to 100, but I'm not aware of any more detailed adjustments. Like 3 aspects of AVC. That sounds like a nice benefit.

If I changed my controller, the most likely candidate would be a Radiolink RC6GS, currently. That has a gyro, but it's probably simpler, like TSM, rather than more-advanced, like AVC. I guess maybe I could go to maybe a DX5 with a AVC receiver, but that's probably pricier.

AFAIK the TSM adjustment in the app is the exact same as the multi-function knob. If you have a profile open in the app and turn the MF knob you can see it over-ride the app in real-time IIRC.
yes - you are correct - I forgot about the multifunction knob - guess I am not playing with Traxxas that much.

Hey Parcou. I too am a fan of the system, especially since you can choose how much to utilize it on the fly. I run AVC in a typhon 3s, Kraton exb, losi db pro, and an Assoc. MT10. I don't have a higher end radio to utilize the extra adjustments because I feel pretty comfortable with just the single knob. Maybe I’ll make the leap to take things another step. As for jumping, I jump the heck out of these rigs: off ramps, 50’ plus, back flips, front flips, doubles and I don’t have issues so I don’t think if you like big air you have to avoid AVC altogether. I do turn the avc down and make adjustments for each rig but you can certainly still jump just fine (and even big) with AVC active to some degree. Maybe I’ll pay more attention to how much next few times out but seems around 30-50% in my mind. In some slow mo videos I can actually see the wheels being turned or adjusted mid air by the AVC. It’s pretty cool.
F906335B-F892-42CF-9459-C66BCAC66AF4.jpeg
754193BB-2D6A-469B-8F23-8254BC0FD221.jpeg
08AD808E-A6FF-44EA-9EDC-A89CA6594FE3.jpeg
C69FE095-0A5C-4139-96E5-D8EE7AB1AAC7.jpeg

Hey Parcou. I too am a fan of the system, especially since you can choose how much to utilize it on the fly. I run AVC in a typhon 3s, Kraton exb, losi db pro, and an Assoc. MT10. I don't have a higher end radio to utilize the extra adjustments because I feel pretty comfortable with just the single knob. Maybe I’ll make the leap to take things another step. As for jumping, I jump the heck out of these rigs: off ramps, 50’ plus, back flips, front flips, doubles and I don’t have issues so I don’t think if you like big air you have to avoid AVC altogether. I do turn the avc down and make adjustments for each rig but you can certainly still jump just fine (and even big) with AVC active to some degree. Maybe I’ll pay more attention to how much next few times out but seems around 30-50% in my mind. In some slow mo videos I can actually see the wheels being turned or adjusted mid air by the AVC. It’s pretty cool. View attachment 277251View attachment 277253View attachment 277254View attachment 277255

Thank you...those are great shots!!!

Thx for the feedback. I sometimes hear the opposite in most cases. Glad it works for you and you know how to adjust the AVC to remove enough for jumping, very cool!!

(y)

Last edited:
My dbxl-2.0 has it but I feel like I can do really well with that car with it turned off and have a blast (it's heavy thus less twitchy). I just got an infraction 6/8s though (without the AVC) and I'm thinking it might be fun to play with on that and I might swap radios. I'm doing pretty well with it with hot tires right now, but I could see it helping smooth things out.

I haven't tried it much yet, but I'm wondering if it insulates you from learning analog throttle and steering control which seems like part of the fun of driving. I mean if I had a real life rally car, I wouldn't want traction control on it! But this may not really be the same thing. Not that I'm some purist and I certainly not worried about possibly a slight performance impact, but I'd hate to have it prevent me from becoming a better driver. From what I see on the bench when the wheels move back and forth, it's doing all the counter steering for you. Do you even have to react to a skid or drift when it's turned up high? I definitely wouldn't want something that strong. I'll have to play around with it - interesting to know about the 3 settings too - maybe there is a sweet spot with it.

My dbxl-2.0 has it but I feel like I can do really well with that car with it turned off and have a blast (it's heavy thus less twitchy). I just got an infraction 6/8s though (without the AVC) and I'm thinking it might be fun to play with on that and I might swap radios. I'm doing pretty well with it with hot tires right now, but I could see it helping smooth things out.

I haven't tried it much yet, but I'm wondering if it insulates you from learning analog throttle and steering control which seems like part of the fun of driving. I mean if I had a real life rally car, I wouldn't want traction control on it! But this may not really be the same thing. Not that I'm some purist and I certainly not worried about possibly a slight performance impact, but I'd hate to have it prevent me from becoming a better driver. From what I see on the bench when the wheels move back and forth, it's doing all the counter steering for you. Do you even have to react to a skid or drift when it's turned up high? I definitely wouldn't want something that strong. I'll have to play around with it - interesting to know about the 3 settings too - maybe there is a sweet spot with it.
Good reply

Certainly, some can master the rig without AVC, which has not been around for RCs in the past. Whether using AVC or not, it still takes some skill to operate these rigs over 55+ mph. Even assisted someone has to drive it. Even my Lexus sports car has all the high-end assistance that they offer on cars. I still have to master driving it, but I do appreciate the traction control, anti-lock brakes, and lane assist when I get squirrely with it, :LOL: Like AVC, I would not want to drive the way I do without all those high-end performance features on my Lexus. I did in my cars made in the 70s. I would not trade no driver assistance for what I have today in my Lexus.

For me, AVC assists me somewhat in the same. It allows me to master the car and drive it hard but corrects when I am about to wipe out. If I were starting this at age 13+ I would certainly master it without AVC. Reaction time is so much better when younger. I'm over 50...but a David Goggins well in shape over 50...you would not want to walk up on me...so in the end, master the RC without it.

My main contribution to this post was not to sell AVC as I said in post #1, but to make those aware there are 3 settings that need to be adjusted if they were unaware.

Bash on my friends (y)

Wonder if anyone has tried or compared the FlySky "SVC" - I don't have any RX's that support it but I believe the released one for the g7p (and have others for the g5). Most of my cars are on my g7p and would be nice to have the option without having to switch over.

EDIT: I just watched a video of SVC on the Noble and it looks like it has the same three settings @parcou pointed out for the Spektrum. Steering, throttle, and priority.

EDIT2: Looks like Radiolink only has a single value to adjust.

Last edited:
Hey guys, thinking about this today, and I'm curious about servo speed and AVC. This is because I have a failing servo that is very slow and when taking a big rock out today I found it harder to control with AVC then without. To keep it short, IMO servo speed is very important when using AVC for speed runs in that if you have a slow servo will react and therefore be slow to correct course. Futhermore, once ther servo is late, add your input once you see the car off course and you can see how some folks may not like AVC with a slow servo. These are just ideas nothing proven but thought I'd share my 2cents.

Oh Edit I also had it set for turns instead of correcting straight since I took this receiver off a track car lol. That was hard hollysmokes. smh

Hey guys, thinking about this today, and I'm curious about servo speed and AVC. This is because I have a failing servo that is very slow and when taking a big rock out today I found it harder to control with AVC then without. To keep it short, IMO servo speed is very important when using AVC for speed runs in that if you have a slow servo will react and therefore be slow to correct course. Futhermore, once ther servo is late, add your input once you see the car off course and you can see how some folks may not like AVC with a slow servo. These are just ideas nothing proven but thought I'd share my 2cents.

Oh Edit I also had it set for turns instead of correcting straight since I took this receiver off a track car lol. That was hard hollysmokes. smh

Hmmm... I'm not an AVC or servo expert either...not following this one.

All those who have the stock Arrma know the servo is crap. My Infraction v1 stock servo died after some time, but it was not a fast or strong servo. Keep in mind that other Arrma rigs with AVC have a slow or cheap Arrma servo like the Losi DB Pro, Losi Lasernut, Talion EXB, etc.

AVC countersteer corrections are not fast in my experience, just corrections when on the ground. When in the air for those that jump, the AVC can go a little crazy in the air, so why I feel jumpers turn it off. On the ground, countersteering and head holding do not seem aggressive in my experience with the cheap stock servos that Arrma ships with AVC in those rigs.

Like you Brother, I do not have any data either. Just in my limited experience, those cheap servos did not affect AVC and/or AVC affected by the cheap servos...for me. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
NOTE: I am not trying to push AVC. More here dislike it than those who like it

I DO NOT feel AVC is for everyone. I like to stay on the ground with small/medium flat jumps (Dukes of Hazzrads style), I'm not into forward/backflips. Sending it is not what I care or want to do. I like technical driving with control to enjoy, and max the limited time I have to bash.

The first video popped up in my YT feed, 7yrs old. It's a good example of different drivers using AVC off and full-on. This is more of my style, although I've never been to a track. The loose surfaces, the flat jumps I find at parks/golf courses, construction sites, etc, would be similar. I'm not soft on the throttle I get full-on and bash'em.

AVC for those who send it, love to jump, flip, etc the rotation/correction of the wheels will NOT work in your favor Ramps and things like that will not be favorable. No ramps for me.

My experience is with Spektrum AVC and rx only. I do use a DX5C. I personally feel you cannot get the best AVC experience with a DX3 or any single AVC knob radio. The DX5C allows control of all 3 AVC settings. One setting does not fit all rigs for the DX5 or single knob. Steering, Throttle, and Priority gains for my Kraton EXB with HW ESC/motor are 55/0/100, which is not the same for my Talion EXB at 55/15/35 with stock motor HW ESC. It takes a lot of time and effort to get the right settings. Once you have it, pure fun..or cheating, whatever you want to call it. I'm no racer, :LOL: Although I prefer NOT to lose any throttle. The Talion is a perfect example at 6S I can dog it, but at 15% throttle reduction allows full power drifting out of a loose curve and not spinout. Do I feel the reduction, no. I do gain a lot more fun in continuing my RC bashing journey. More like that even with the Prioitory option, where some of my 6S bashers are at 100, and some are at 35 or 40 for Priority. Again, each rig is different, tires, surface, etc. The first video is good for showing parts of this.

Again, just sharing the video if anyone here is new/old were interested in AVC. I am only 3yrs in so totally get why those vets don't care for it...and new school folks. Wrong setup, you will hate AVC.

Offrad AVC testing

Another old one but just a good explanation of the 3 AVC settings for those who find AVC not working on the single knob control check this one out. It is a night/day difference in my opinion with the 3 setting options for AVC.
if you like technical driving then don't use AVC. Skill up so you have the necessary technic without support of anything like avc. Racedrivers never use such things. Not even in real life. I want to feel the car and with AVC you cant. You don't know the edge of it and you drive totaly diffrent with the help.

if you like technical driving then don't use AVC. Skill up so you have the necessary technic without support of anything like avc. Racedrivers never use such things. Not even in real life. I want to feel the car and with AVC you cant. You don't know the edge of it and you drive totaly diffrent with the help.

Agree!

As a husband, father, grandfather, youth leader, IT Director for North America, and prison outreach ministry, I found those more important to master, so I will skill down and let AVC aid me. If I were younger than 50, I would give it a try naturally better reactive when younger.... but it is all about having fun RC'ing during the short windows I get to...

Thx, Bash on my Brother (y)

I would rather not crash so I will use it when available. I will test my new RadioLink Gyro in a few of my cars over the next few days to compare with AVC and TSM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back