I'm looking for a screw that fit my Losi Servo arm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmaximus

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Vorteks
Hey fellow RC drivers,
I'm looking for a screw that will go on my Losi 23T Aluminum Servo arm. The original ball joint screw for the link uses a M3-0.6 pitch thread, but I'm looking for a 12mm button or barrel head hex screw because Vitavon CNC parts doesn't uses ball screws for the drag link. I know I could swap the end ball pivot, but I want to keep the Vitavon hollow one.
I tried M3-0.5 thread and it doesn't work. I have a tap and die set but I don't want to turn a 0.5 pitch to a 0.6 pitch. I want it to be secure and perfect fit. It's a short course truck that might do competition in the future.
I've looked on the Losi website, amazon, arrma website...but for some reason I can't find it.
Any help would be awesome.
Losi servo arm part number is ‎LOS331005.
Truck is a Losi Baja Raptor Rey V2 1/10.
Thanks in advance for the help.
The original screws:
LOS231013.jpg

The new link:
s-l500.jpg

I thought it was pretty standard that M3 screws had a 0.6 pitch? And the link isn’t threaded, so I don’t understand the issue. Why not use M3 0.6 screws with lock nuts, like on most other links? Unless you’re talking about the servo horn? You just need a M3 0.6 screw to fit that, right? If not, just buy a different 23t servo arm or get rid of the Spektrum servo and get a standard 25t servo. Almost all servos come with a new horn or two, and the servo is typically one of the first things people replace anyway.

Last edited:
Yes, I had it wrong, 0.5 seems to be standard for M3 and it doesn’t go to 0.6 until 3.5.
I guess you should just change the servo horn?

I thought it was pretty standard that M3 screws had a 0.6 pitch? And the link isn’t threaded, so I don’t understand the issue. Why not use M3 0.6 screws with lock nuts, like on most other links? Unless you’re talking about the servo horn? You just need a M3 0.6 screw to fit that, right? If not, just buy a different 23t servo arm or get rid of the Spektrum servo and get a standard 25t servo. Almost all servos come with a new horn or two, and the servo is typically one of the first things people replace anyway.
No standard for m3 is 0.5 pitch/thread. I measured it.
And there is no threads on the pivot ball of the link.
Yes I need a M3-0.6x12mm, but can't find that anywhere online...really weird
My servo is a 200$ spektrum hs. Not the stock one.
Thanks

OK, I see. Are you sure the ball stud isn’t 3.5mm?
IMG_3197.png

If you’re changing from press fit ball ends to a standard link I guess you should change the servo horn and the link on the bellcrank as well.

Yes, I had it wrong, 0.5 seems to be standard for M3 and it doesn’t go to 0.6 until 3.5.
I guess you should just change the servo horn?
Yes, but I will still have the same issue, it doesn't come with the screw.
I will go to the hardware store today and buy a screw there.

OK, I see. Are you sure the ball stud isn’t 3.5mm?
View attachment 353921
If you’re changing from press fit ball ends to a standard link I guess you should change the servo horn and the link on the bellcrank as well.
Hmm i will check if it's 3.5mm.
Vitavon ain't cheap, i'm not buying another bellcrank.
Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Back